VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 21:53:54 12/02/17 Sat
Author: MM
Author Host/IP: 99-203-14-96.pools.spcsdns.net / 99.203.14.96
Subject: There was a point to it.
In reply to: 's message, "Perfect example of such a silly rule that actually costs parents more money by having two dresses. Only Region in the world to have this inane rule that does nothing but costs parents more money." on 17:12:43 11/30/17 Thu

The whole point of the rule was to make things simpler and more affordable for parents, with the hope of other regions jumping on the bandwagon, but that didn’t happen. Then, you get parents that felt the need to bling up dresses for Nationals, when that was not the intention. My daughter danced in a non blinged dress at Nationals and placed in the top 20. I know of many other dancers who did very well at Nationals with no bling on their costumes. The parents or teachers that felt the need to have bling are the ones who brought on the double expense. Personally I don’t think it’s necessary.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> [> The thing is, it doesn't really save parents money. First, it means that most used dresses will not work. Second, on a dress that small, the crystals really aren't all that expensive. It's time to recind this rule. -- jmo, 22:42:11 12/05/17 Tue (76-14-38-16.sf-cable.astound.net/76.14.38.16)

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.