VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]23 ]
Subject: Beloved Belindy Cloth Doll Reproductions~Raggedy Ann's Friend and More!!

Author:
Gayle
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 21:40:22 01/14/05 Fri

Hello,
I would like to invite you to visit my website: "Not So Raggedy Acres" ..just copy and paste the web address below
http://hometown.aol.com/notsoraggedyacre/sale.htm

I make Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls and many of the character dolls found in the storybooks written about them by Johnny Gruelle.
I have re-created the Knickerbocker Beloved Belindy cloth doll sold in the early 60's........I have also created a male freind for Belindy named "Benji" with clothes coordinated with her outfit of red/wht polka dots & yellow/wht polka dots. Benji is my own creation...he was not a character in the storybooks..so I am especially proud of him!
I also offer the reproduction of the Georgene Beloved Belindy which was originally made from 1938 thru 1962 by Georgene Novelties. I have a counterpart for this Belindy also, which I named Beloved Belindy's "Beau". I have also created this Belindy with "floral feet" and "polka-dot feet" (these were available during WorldWarII when they had fabric shortages and they used whatever they could get)
The Knickerbocker Belindy is a 15" doll just like the original and the Georgene is a 18 1/2" doll like the original. I have recently started making this doll in a variety of sizes from 9 1/2", 13 1/2" and a couple of 4 1/2"
for myself...they are too difficult and small to offer for sale.
I am in the process of making a repro- Molly-E's Belindy(circa 1934-1935) and the Volland Belindy (1918-1938)
I also offer the Raggedy Ann & Andy dolls in light brown, medium brown or dark brown, with choice of hair color. I would love to have your visit my site, and please email your comments, or sign my Guestbook.
"Original" Belindy dolls are out of my reach at this time so my large collection of them consist only of my reproductions and one sent to me in a "swap" in one of my groups. I have added one other tiny little black doll made of ceramic or porclain....I purchased her at an Estate sale and she was with a white tiny doll, that looks much like the "Cupie" doll....so perhaps she is a black "Cupie"!! I just love her ..she has the sweetest face and personality!
I plan to purchase Debbie's book in the near future and add to my small collection of black dolls..I had no idea that there were so many of them from the past!!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Beloved Belindy Cloth Doll Reproductions~Raggedy Ann's Friend and More!!karrell siver20:31:33 01/23/06 Mon

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.