VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]3 ]
Subject: Handmade dolls

Author:
Marilyn
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 17:44:14 09/28/04 Tue

Dear Doll-makers, I have been making potpourri ladies, puppets, and dolls for a few years. We are an inter-racial family, and my creations are of many skin tones. If my creations don't make people gasp with awe, I feel I have not done my job. I have made and given an African princess puppet to Eleanora Tate, the childrens' author, to see if my stuff was up to par...also, to Guy Davis, who propped his doll up on stage as he played the blues! I refuse to make anything that is not beautiful in the sight of the beholder of similar skin tone...okay. Smile. So, I am now looking for a source of Afro hair for dolls...used to have it, but stopped creating for a few years. Also, I used to have almost 12 skin tones of broadcloth/etc. for my faces. Any ideas for either would be most appreciated! ( Can only send pix thru mail.) Right now, anyway. Love & Blessings, MKB

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Handmade dollsMarilyn Brent17:45:13 09/28/04 Tue

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.