VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]3 ]
Subject: Request History of Central/South American Topsy-Turvy Dolls

Author:
Miss NebSa
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 17:05:06 10/28/04 Thu

Hello All,
Does anybody have any information about Topsy-Turvy dolls that have two black faces, instead of the traditional one black and one white. Other than the fact that they are made in Central and South American countries, I don't have any other information.
This is important to me because I actually import these dolls for resale in America (see description and prices below). Any historical information would be greatly appreciated.

Description of “Topsy-Turvy” Dolls

These “Topsy-Turvy” dolls are two-in-one reversible dolls made of hard plastic with movable arms. They are unique, self standing decorative/collectors items that are also fun to play with. When one doll is upright, the alternate doll is upside down and concealed underneath the first doll’s full length dress. To switch to the alternate doll, one simply flips it over to reveal the other side. One doll is ceremonially dressed in white lace, while the alternate doll wears a colorful festive skirt with flower motifs. The exact colors and flower designs vary from order to order. Accentuating the exotic flare of these tropical costumes, both dolls wear elaborate white lace head-dresses with flower ornaments in the center. Instead of doll hair, the bangs, eye lashes and eyebrows are all hand painted in glossy black. One of the most outstanding qualities of these youthful dolls is their attractive facial features and very pleasant expression.
The medium 8" and large 12" models retail for $15 and $25. I offer 50% wholesale discounts on Starter Kits containing 5 small and 5 large @ $100 plus shipping (3 lbs). I also have refrigerator magnet dollies retailing at $3.00 each. Contact me at blackethnicdolls@yahoo.com if you want photos sent in the body of an email.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.