VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]3 ]
Subject: seeking info and value of black doll

Author:
Gwen
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 20:10:59 01/15/06 Sun

I have a friend who found, what seems to be, a very, very old black doll, when going through some of the things he has that belonged to his mother. It is a little girl, about 4 1/2 to 5 inches in height. She appears to be made of bisque, although I really dont know. It is kind of a rough texture, not slick like ceramic or something. She has movable arms, legs, and head which are strung to the body at socket-type joints. She has large, painted white and black or brown eyes and white painted lips with a red painted tounge. The mouth is open. She also has a ribbon attached to her head, but I am not sure how it is attached. Her dress is tattered, but looks like some type of bib-dress. We know nothing about this sort of thing and searching online seems to be getting me nowhere since I dont even know what to call the doll. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.