VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3] ]
Subject: Is this a Black Francie....

Author:
rassfan@hotmail.com
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 08:17:16 07/09/01 Mon

I wondering if you can help value these old barbie's. I was able to obtain what I now think are a Midge, twist waist PJ, twist waist Black Francie, and American girl doll all in good condition with 30+ vintage outfits for $150.00 dollars. Now I need to know their value. Let me break it down doll by doll and if you can help me establish a value I would be truly greatful. Let me start out by saying I know very, very little about old barbie dolls. I knew old Black barbies had great value from watching Antiques Roadshow on PBS and thus I bought this lot because it had one. Since then (2 weeks ago) I have been on the internet day and night finding out who they are & the name of their clothes.
American Girl: I read the value is much depends on the hairstyle & the year it was made so I'll tell you a bit about the doll and maybe you'll be able to distinguish can tell who she is. First of all she is a brunette with soft neck length hair that curl into a little circle at the end, Uncut and still in it's orginal set w/ bangs. Altough it looks puffer than the one I saw on ebay I am sure it is NOT a bubble hair style. Her lips are a pinkish/ flesh like color (but not yellow). She has bendable knees, but a non-twisting waist. The outfit she was wearing when I got her was a white dress with Barbie printed all over it in . Some lines are rightside up and others are upside down. They are written in differnet colors with printed little flowers seperating them. She also had a pink dress belt on. On her but is indented writing but with NO country of origin listed.
Black Francie: She has red hair which is below her shoulders. Light brown eyes that are almost the same color of the hair and real eyelashes. None of her hair looks cut. Her waist can move and she is shorter in height than the barbie above (hope that's how she is suppose to be:). She is whering a multicolored swimsuit with attached white netting over it, it's labeled francie. I know she orginal wore a swimsuit orginally but I don't know if this is it. She has a total of 5 little pinlike holes on the legs. They are small I hadn't notice them intil a few days ago. I pretty sure she is not the other black doll christine because she has no black features.

Midge & PJ:
Both are like new, but have differnt types of bodies. Pj'S is pink, soft, and bends at the knees/ moves at the waist. While Midge's is hard, more of a light khaki color & does not move at either the waist or the knees. .ANY TIME PERIOD you can give me for when these dolls were made would be appricated, in additon to any value estimate. I'm sorry I do not have any pictures to show you but (maybe) if these dolls double my investment I can afford a digital camera. Email me if you need more info on any doll to price it. thankyou for your help.
rassfan@hotmail.com

(P.S. I am asking you for help because I tried looking them up myself but it's hard to tell if the prices I get over the internet are for the clothing, the doll or both. For instance I saw a Black Land Hoe Francie with red hair for 60 dollars but when I went to another site they were asking 900 dollars for one with long black hair that was missing an arm. Do you know if it has anything to do with the haircolor, outfits or year it was made? )

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.