VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3] ]
Subject: Re: black baby doll from around 1948...Now.. info on DEE CEE doll company?

Author:
Lynn
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 18:16:01 08/25/02 Sun
In reply to: Sharon 's message, "Re: black baby doll from around 1948...Now.. info on DEE CEE doll company?" on 14:04:28 06/14/02 Fri

Dee an Cee manufactured dolls from 1938 to 1964. They were sold to Mattel in 1962 and the manufacturing in Canada discontinued with the name no longer being used in 1964. The company motto was "Quality above all" and it is surprising the number of their dolls that can still be found, albeit they are often "well loved". I'm sure you could find more information on the internet. I had a Dee an Cee molded-hair-shutting-eyes baby doll when I was a very little girl manufactured in the mid-fifties. My daughter inherited her when she was quite little and did the doll serious damage and so I had to say farewell. A few years ago I came upon another identical Dee an Cee at a flea market. I think that these type of little babies (there are other manufacturers who manufactured similiar ones) are simply the cutest.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.