VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3] ]
Subject: Buying Black Dolls

Author:
Freda Goldston
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 18:12:54 08/25/01 Sat

I have collected dolls for over 20 years, I especially like Black dolls. Yes, they are difficult to find. I have purchased most of them from HSN (Home Shopping Network). Their dolls are of high quality and feature some of the world's best doll makers. I like Lee Middleton dolls, Reva Schick's sculpts amazingly resemble black babies and they come in lighter skin tones, not just the dark brown so many dollmakes use. I wanted dolls to look like my grandchildren, who are bi-racial, with brown skin, eyes and curly hair. I brough some at thrift shops, doll shows and doll stores. I have too many now and have stopped collecting, unless I just can't resist the doll. I give the newborn dolls away to my friends and relatives and they really enjoy "taking care of the baby."

It all depends on how much you want to spend. My limit is usually $250.00, most of my dolls cost a lot less. I usually buy dolls that appeal to me. I have a Princess Dianna in the white beaded dress, Jackie Kennedy in her wedding dress, Jan Mclean Victorian Black doll,Fazya Spanos' Kissy doll, African dolls, Indian dolls, and I collect Jinny dolls for my grandaughter.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.