VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3] ]
Subject: Re: Groovy Girls is this a Black owned doll and is it collectable?

Author:
Nikki
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 00:21:39 09/25/01 Tue
In reply to: Debbie 's message, "Re: Groovy Girls is this a Black owned doll and is it collectable?" on 05:31:03 07/23/01 Mon

The Groovy Girls Dolls are made by Manhattan Toys. They are stuffed with embroidered faces. They now have pets, Groovy Boy Dolls, clothing accessories and furniture.

Each year the company discontinues that year's lines of Dolls and comes out with a new line. This years 2001 line has 6 girls whose names all start with S (Hence the S line) and two boy dolls (also S names).

The 2000 line was the J line. All names started with J. These are now discontinued and available at some stores in limited quanities.

Will they ever be worth money to a collector? I don't know the answer to that.

They are, however, the cutest stuffed doll that I've seen in a long time and my little girl loves them.

I liked them so much I bought myself one so that I could play dolls with her. *grins* Of course, she thinks it is her's too. (3 year olds....)

As for Liza...well there is also a Lupe and there is a Doll name Zarah and another Z name. I don't know where they fit into the line up, but I suspect that they were either Limited Editions (Like Sasha in the Posh Party Play pack who has sculpted toes rather than puffy feet with shoes as a part of her feet) or that they were some of the first dolls the company came out with.

If you do a search on MSN or Yahoo you should come up with lots of sites for Groovy Girls Dolls and Accessories. I know in my research (just for love of the playability of these dolls and a desire to acquire another one or two for my daughter and/or myself *grins) that I have seen webpages with links to email Manhattan Toys. You could write them and find out exactly where Liza fits into the scheme of series.

They are billed as being collectible, but then that might only refer to their infectious qualities that cause little girls and big girls to want more of them rather than any possible future monetary value.

Hope this helps you find more info on your Liza.

Cheers,
Nikki

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Groovy Girls -- NikkiDebbie07:00:02 09/25/01 Tue

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.