VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123 ]
Subject: Re: Need Help! Want to sell a Geppedo angel and fairy doll.

Author:
Brenda
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 23:11:55 09/11/13 Wed
In reply to: Brenda 's message, "Need Help! Want to sell a Geppedo angel and fairy doll." on 21:24:01 09/09/13 Mon

I just found the answers to my questions, as good as anyone can answer them. For some reason I was not able to access the main index part of this site the first time I visited. Just switched servers to Cox, OMG I'd be here all day if I started unloading the problems I've been having with them.
Back to dolls...I think someone needs to try and catalogue these babies. I can see the quality difference in my small fairies compared to the 12" ones I have. I don't have a 16" doll to compare with. That being said, The smaller butterfly and some animal dolls are no more than a stuffed toy with a porcelain face. I have Barbara butterfly and I adore her. It is cheaper made and has no frills or extras as the others do, I don't know if that is "quality". I am not a collector.
I love them because they came out just after The Anne Geddes Babies came out. I bought the first few coffeetable books she made of these adorable babies, dressed up and in the wildest and most creative costumes and sets, that had ever been used before with babies. Geppedo obviously took this idea and made many doll babies in similar costumes. When I first saw them for sale, it drew me in thinking these were Anne Geddes look a likes. Getting close is all it took for me to see it was just an imitation. But I still bought a butterfly, (one of my favorite photos) and a couple other dolls that day.
Since I have been researching this, I have seen ebay selling the cheaper dolls almost exclusively while the beautifully detailed china dolls we love are being kept and treasured by their owners.
My reason in relaying this info on, is because I am wondering if this had anything to do with the closing of the company. They were suddenly making a lot of money selling these dolls, then they went out of business? Were they being sued?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.