VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:53:38 08/26/02 Mon
Author: Avalon
Subject: Re: Newsletter/revelation/observations and good news
In reply to: The Darkling 's message, "Newsletter/revelation/observations and good news" on 09:24:01 08/26/02 Mon

>We finally have proof that Ian and Sara are NOT
>related if Ian was telling the truth in Palindrome.
>The WB can't hurt Aras because she's of Sara's
>bloodline....however it did kill Evil Ian, therefore
>Ian and Sara are not of the same bloodline.

(Although -- I was kind of thinking they'd already answered that question by letting Ian get it on with the Anti-Sara. I mean, if her DNA was the same, only spun in the other direction (!?!), wouldn't she be as related to him as our Sara (which is "Not at ALL", if you ask me)? Or do I just need some coffee?)

Interesting...also, the Revelation from this newsletter:

(I don't think it's a SPOILER, because it's similar to what Ian already said above, but just in case, you've been warned...)

"My master neglected to tell you one important quality of your missing weapon...The Blade will not, can not bring death to anyone who once wielded it."
- Ian Nottingham to Sara

So...Lucretia can't kill Sara with the 'Blade, just as Sara can't kill Lucretia that way. (Of course, the phrase "You'd be surprised what you can live through" does come to mind...)

What does that mean for Irons' "death" by the WB? Was this his "loophole" and why he was so eager for Sara to dispose of him? Does his brief donning of the gauntlet count as "wielding" it? If it didn't kill him, what, exactly, DID it do to him?

Well, this explains why Dominique couldn't kill Sara with the WB (although at the time we didn't know that would work for any wielder). And it makes even MORE sense now that Sara used it simply to disable Dominique rather than kill her.

But what about Faye? I mean, it certainly seemed to me that the WB used her to its own ends and then trapped her to be killed by Sara. That's "bringing death", too, isn't it? Or is there a difference between pretenders and destined wielders? If there is, then Irons' plan shouldn't have worked, should it? Who's got the Advil, btw?

>I do think he lost his virginity.....the reason? The
>phallic symbol of the scimitar driving into the candle
>and the word "finis" (end in French) on the screen
>behind them as the Son of The Sheik finished playing.
>
>Beck

Ooh...eeek! I can just see all the guys wincing over THAT one... ;)

(Seriously, though, Beck -- can I just say that your powers of observation amaze the heck out of me? I'd never have thought of that.)

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.