VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 20:49:35 08/26/02 Mon
Author: Avalon
Subject: Re: Ubique Thread: Spoilers Warning
In reply to: Rhiannon 's message, "Ubique Thread: Spoilers Warning" on 19:26:09 08/26/02 Mon

>*Spoiler warning
>
>*
>*
>*
>*
>*
>
>
>
>
>Ok, all I can say right now is am in a state of shock.

Me too. But not in a good way.

Does anybody else feel like they just got to the last chapter of the book -- only to find about a hundred pages missing and pages from a different book glued in? Gah.

The Few Good Things:

1. I give them credit for the murder scenes -- they projected a sense of real horror, without getting "splashy" about it. Nobody needs to see gore; we all understand what's going to happen when the woman says she needs to get something from the kitchen first -- and then the shot holds on the knife slowly pulling out of the block. *shiver* So, I give them credit for the sense of tension they were able to create in those scenes.

2. I liked Sara's "Warrior Goddess" look.

3. Daaaamn, but Eric Etebari just keeps getting better looking (and it amazes that that's even possible) every time he shows up. Love the earrings. *coughcough* Uh, just thought I'd mention that...

4. Finally, the Witchblade gets to talk. About damn time.

5. I did like the way Sara kept feeling her wrist when she wanted some help from the WB, only to remember it wasn't there. Sometimes, we only appreciate things when we no longer have them...

The Bad Stuff:

1. That Kiss: uggggghhh! You know, a little kiss on the lips would have been okay. I could understand Gabriel going for that, and Sara having no problem with it. But the tonsil-bath-fest? Geez! Doesn't it make you wonder just how dedicated Sara really is to the idea of "getting to know Conchobar better"? Nothing like further cheapening that whole "love of my life" concept, huh? (As if the "Lagrimas" fiasco wasn't enough...) And could we get the camera in a little closer? Ugh!

(In retrospect, I suppose it was really Irons the whole time, and I guess he would definitely go for the, um, gusto. But I still can't understand Sara's all-too-enthusiastic reaction, considering she'd just visited her comatose Conchobar...)

(Oh, and just to clarify -- I mean no offense to the Gabriel fans or the Gabe/Sara 'shippers. I just think this was handled very, very badly...)

2. A new captain out of nowhere? What the heck? (And gee, I was starting to think Sara was the captain, the way she's been running things the last few eps...) Why now, of all episodes? Sure, maybe they couldn't get either actors for Siry or Dante, but if that was the case, why even keep the part in? They've been avoiding using a captain for what, at least 8 eps?

3. When did Sara get her own "realm"? When did she get so "serene", for that matter? And if she suddenly has her own spirit realm, why didn't she have a clue who that voice was -- the WB -- while she was there? Pages missing from the book, I tell you...

4. So -- now Ian's a sexual predator, in addition to being an assassin. Lovely. *rolls eyes sarcastically* I thought they had created the perfect blend in the first season; a chivalrous, innocent knight mixed with deadly assassin -- with a bit of the mystical thrown in, to boot. Unfortunately, this season Ian's mutated into something much more earthbound and base. Too bad they felt they had to drop Ian's more romantic qualities in order to "mature" him. As the character stands now, he's become redundant, because he's taking on far too many of Irons' characteristics. Let Ian be Ian. Anthony Cistaro is much better at playing Irons, anyway.

5. I still don't get what's up with Gabriel. He's had a much darker aura this season to begin with, and now...apparently he's still possessed by Irons in some way. (What frustrates me about that is that Sara supposedly defeated him on an astral plane or something. Does this guy find loopholes everywhere? Was he a lawyer in a previous life?) Or does the double circle mean that the WB laid claim to him somehow? How does that work?

I'm sure I had more, but it's getting late, and if I don't start winding down now, I'll be up for hours. More later.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.