VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 21:52:51 08/26/02 Mon
Author: silver
Subject: I'm with Schnee ...(spoilers for tonight's ep)...
In reply to: Rhiannon 's message, "Ubique Thread: Spoilers Warning" on 19:26:09 08/26/02 Mon

I liked last season's finale much better.

I know there are many people who didn't like s1's finale because they felt like it was a gyp...a ripoff. Like it invalidated the entire season. For the record, I think *this* season irrevocably damaged season one, not the finale, but that's neither here nor there. However anyone *felt* about what happened, it was still way more climactic than this...this...*gestures*...this episode.

I mean look, we've got Sara finding out the truth about her father, finally, and discovering that Kenneth Irons was behind his death (and pretty much everything else going on in her life).

We've got Kenny sitting back there like a big beached spider weaving all these webs, pulling all these strings. The great puppetmaster. Obsessed to the point of insanity.

We've got Jake and Gabriel, steadfast and true, dying trying to help Sara. We've got Ian who's so torn between his loyalty to Irons and his newfound love for Sara that he can do nothing but choose not to choose, and lets himself die serving both of them.

This season we've got ...what? Jake and Danny cooling their heels at the precinct, Kenny the talking throat-wound running a website, and Ian raping a woman out in the hallway after choosing to let Sara get skewered instead of taking the blade into himself as he would have in s1. Meanwhile, Sara has still never shown us that she has any idea where the s1 visions are coming from, and yet she's been *waiting* for this throughout all her lifetimes? Where the crap did all that come from? What the hell was up with Gabriel?

Speaking of, lmao @ Avalon's: "I still don't get what's up with Gabriel. He's had a much darker aura this season to begin with, and now...apparently he's still possessed by Irons in some way. (What frustrates me about that is that Sara supposedly defeated him on an astral plane or something. Does this guy find loopholes everywhere? Was he a lawyer in a previous life?) "

Hee...no kidding. Don't get me wrong...I loved Irons in s1. He's been sadly underused this season, along with several other characters. But what they *have* done with him I haven't liked. And now, it's like...come on, already. How many times does the guy have to be killed? He's like freaking Michael Meyers, now.

Anyways, so yeah. Final verdict? I was hoping it'd all be a dream, or something. Major cop-out, yeah...but it's the only thing I can think of that woulda saved s2. This is me, disappointed.

:(

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.