VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 05:09:47 08/27/02 Tue
Author: Late Bloomer
Subject: I wish it WERE a dream...
In reply to: Rhiannon 's message, "Ubique Thread: Spoilers Warning" on 19:26:09 08/26/02 Mon

...because for me this was the worst episode yet. How appropriate that my gripes are becoming ubiquitous. I was really hopeful that this episode would fix some things, such as:

1. Irons. He was back. Good. As a one dimensional villain reveling in widespread murders of innocent people. Very very bad. This tells me that someone in charge still doesn't "get" Irons. He was never so murderous in season 1-rather the ambiguity of just how evil he was added to the intrigue. Hemecker was quoted earlier as saying that Irons and Sara would start as adversaries and end up as allies. I was very much looking forward to this. Instead, someone pulled the plug. It could have worked-Irons left some warning hints, even as cyberfaust, that helped Sara. And Sara defeats him AGAIN so he appears to die? This is as bad and predictable as those climactic fights at season's end in "Dynasty."

2. Danny. Still alive and boring. He and Jake were total nonentities, as they have been for too much of this season. Sara needs one partner (Jake) and Danny as a ghostly advisor. This will allow more one on one scenes, enhancing the unique role of each character, while avoiding too much..

3. Gabriel. This character is just way too overexposed. I find his clues, so straightforward, to be much less compelling than anything from Irons and Danny last season. The three need to share the role of advisor. I intensely disliked the kiss-they really do work better as sort-of little brother and wiser older sister. Now Sara acts like a twit sometimes. Unfortunately, the ending sets up next season for having even more Gabriel. I'm not looking forward to it.

6. Ian. And how did he know that the Blade can't kill anyone who wore it? He didn't know before. And couldn't they have sacrificed at least one showing of Lucrezia's fight with Sara in favor of an Ian-Irons reunion? I was looking forward to a show of the obvious affection between them. Ian looked quite annoyed that Sara left Daddy crumpled on the floor again. And the scene with Lucrezia looked too much like rape to be anything but disturbing.

7. Sara. Will she ever react to the strangeness around her? Show more ambivalence about the blade? She's just too mellow. Unfortunately, from Hemecker's interview, someone thinks this is a good idea.

8. Conchobar. How depressing when you feel grateful that they bothered to acknowledge this pivotal character beyond one episode.

A real mishmash of a story that pulled very little together in a way that made sense.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• My take on things -- Gargantua, 05:24:12 08/27/02 Tue

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.