VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 05:24:12 08/27/02 Tue
Author: Gargantua
Subject: My take on things
In reply to: Rhiannon 's message, "Ubique Thread: Spoilers Warning" on 19:26:09 08/26/02 Mon

Well, I have rather mixed feelings about the finale. On the one hand, there were many unanswered questions. Nothing from the previous episodes really seemed to carry through to the finale, though they seem to be working the "alternate line of wielders" theory rather hard. On the other hand, I thought the writing itself and the way the episode was actually put together was more like a season 1 episode. My first thought after it was over was "Thank goodness they finally have the "feel" back. Maybe they will carry through in season three."

Other randomness:
1. Ian - he is certainly becoming his father's boy. He is not using sex as an expression of love. Instead he is using it the same way Irons does, as a form of control. I did find myself wondering if by "Aras is gone" he meant to imply that he had killed her. I was wondering the same about the Borgia woman. Did he screw her and then kill her?

2. Ian part two - Even though he helped Sara by giving her information that got her to the point where she could defeat Irons, the look he gave her when he picked up the limp form of Irons was filled with hatred.

3. Irons - Does this mean his physical body will be in coma like crunchy bar's for most of next season?

4. Gabe - Well there are a few possibilities. Obviously he was still connected to Irons when Irons put on the blade. That is why he now has the same mark on his hand. The question is though whether he is Gabe or if Irons is still in there somewhere. I think if we watch closely the interactions between Gabe and Ian next season, we would get a clear indication of that answer. Then, if it is just Gabe, how is the contact with the witchblade going to affect him? So many questions... Regardless, I think this is an indication that Gabe will have a major part to play next season...assuming there is going to be one.

As for the kiss - it could have been Irons using the opportunity, but I'm not so sure it was. Sara seemed to be returning the kiss, and I would think she would be able to tell. Besides, Irons didn't really appear in Gabe until later. *shrug* If it was Gabe, I find it interesting that he waited until she was strapped into a chair before attempting to give her a kiss. Can you say chicken?

5. Sara - Did anyone else feel like this was a form of the periculum? Through losing the blade, Sara forged an even stronger bond with it. Admittedly, her coming full circle to this degree of acceptance is rather disjointed, but for the entire season Sara has seemed more in control and more self-assured. Almost like she retained the character development of season 1 even though she reversed time and those events never happened. I also think the ending scene where the voice identifies itself as the witchblade was actually a scene from the beginning dream. The dreamstate at the beginning reminds me of the altered state of the periculum. Instead of gaining information from former wielders, she has a chance to communicate with the blade itself. I'm thinking I liked the other approach better. If the blade is supposed to represent elemental forces, it doesn't make sense to me that it would have a personality per se. At least not a talking one. Since this season focused on Joan (did anyone notice that crunchy bar is in St. Joan hospital?) I think it would have been better if there had been a meeting between them in the astral plane instead of what they did. But no one asked me... :)

If there is a third season, I am sure I will watch it. I won't be able to help myself. It is kind of like not being able to tear oneself away from staring at a train wreck. I just hope they will get it right next time. :)

Did I hear someone mention that season 1 will soon be released on DVD?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• The Kiss -- gosseyn, 06:49:19 08/27/02 Tue
  • i agree that... -- silver, 07:20:17 08/27/02 Tue

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.