VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 07:15:41 08/27/02 Tue
Author: Mommyof3
Subject: My thoughts - sort of on Ubique, but is turning into the entire season.
In reply to: Rhiannon 's message, "Ubique Thread: Spoilers Warning" on 19:26:09 08/26/02 Mon

(I said some of this in the chatroom last night, so sorry for those of you who are hearing it twice!)

Okay, The Kiss, first. I just really liked it. I don't think he was taking advantage of her. I think Gabe knows enough not to mess with Sara - he could have gotten his tongue bitten off. But she wasn't exactly resisting. That was HER tongue I saw, right? I thought so. (Apologies to Wormie, by the way. I know I'm making you sick here. )
Anyway. I don't think it was that. I think from his point of view, it was a spur of the moment thing or a last second decision. As in "She may not live, and if she does, she may not be Sara anymore, so I'll just suck it up and let her know how I feel before it's too late." I don't think Kenny was there yet. I think he showed up when Gabe smiled at Lucrezia. And as best I can figure Sara out, this was possible the last time she'd see Gabe, or anyone. So maybe a comfort thing for her?

As for the bro/sis thing, I just never got that. I got a good friend feeling from them. Daddyof3 and I started off as best friends, so I can easily see them making that leap. We were that comfortable with each other, and it wasn't weird when we did get together. Plus they've always had a little flirtation thing going on. (You've got a thing for pale erudite guys...etc.)

Sara. My goodness. We've all been talking about how slutty she's acting, myself included. But I got to thinking. Unless I'm forgetting someone, she only slept with that one guy. Daniel? Was that his name? And I'm willing to excuse her on the grounds of pathetic lonliness. Other than that, she's kissed Conchobar on the lips once, and Gabe. Seems like there was someone else, but I can't think who at the moment.
I don't think she's being easy, just very conflicted. We have: Conchobar. As far as she knows, they just met, but she also knows there is some kind of major connection there. She's trying to figure it out. Gabe. He's been there for her the whole time. Without question or exception, he's an ally and one of her few friends. And now he's professed feelings for her beyond friendship. And Ian. Geez, where to begin. Supposedly her protector, knows all about the WB, you know the rest.
My head would be a mess too!

Finally, Ian. Bizarre as it sounds, I can see some logic in his behavior. I can't remember where I read it, but wasn't there some interview talking about Ian's character? If I remember correctly, this season is supposed to be a time of growing for him. His teen years, if you will. Remember being a teenager? We were lunatics. Hormones raging, self control practically out the window, all the fun baggage that goes with it. Take the effects of puberty, stick them in the body of a 30-something year old trained asassin who was raised by Irons, and POOF. You have Season 2 Ian. He's got his deeply ingrained loyalty to Sara, but he's gone temporarily insane. Again, my head would be messed up too. I'm not saying I like it, I hate it. But I can kinda see where they're coming from.

Oh yeah, Gabe's scar. My take on that is that since he was possesed by Kenny when he took the blade, he got a souvenier. That's probably all there is to it.

Okay, there you go.
Mommyof3

p.s. - I'm purposely ignoring the Conchobar hospital scene, since I thought it was stupid. They wasted like 10 minutes of the show, when Sara could have stuck her head in the hospital room and said "Yup. He's still here." and gone on her way. It would have accomplished the same thing.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.