VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 16:47:16 08/28/02 Wed
Author: Scimitar
Subject: Sadly disappointed as well but am with Wormie...
In reply to: wormie 's message, "Say it ain't so!!!!!" on 23:04:46 08/27/02 Tue

Utter disappointment is, I'm afraid, not too strong a word to express my feelings about the season finale. Flabbergasted is more like it. However, I'm willing to watch the season 3 premiere (if there ever is) and the few succeeding episodes after that to see any improvements at all. But that's how far I'm going with this show (TPTB - forewarned, forearmed). I won't go beyond that.

I can't recall any saving grace from the season finale. Well, except for Ian saying that he "took care of Aras." A glimmer of hope came from that statement. Maybe I was wrong to think that Ian threatened Sara and Conchobar to save Aras because he fancied or lusted after her. Maybe his goal was not to allow Sara to taint her hands with Aras' blood. He bore that burden himself to "save" Sara yet again. At least that's what I was willing to believe if only to save Ian's character in my mind.

Alas! The scene between Ian and Lucrezia ruined it all for me. I'm sorry but that was just too uncomfortable for me. Another poster equaled it with rape and I'm inclined to agree. Of course, it was only suggested or implied because they didn't really show it on screen, still, it was too graphic for my taste and as a woman.

I'm glad Irons is back but am I the only one confused here on how exactly did Irons get his body back? Irons had said to Sara that he didn't have the need for a body anymore; that it gave him freedom to be wherever and in whoever he needed to be. Did I miss something? Or maybe the better question is, how did Irons' hand get attached to Irons' body? Right now, I'm assuming Dr. Immo had something to do with it.

Gabe and Sara kissing - big ewwwww! I'm sorry but I just can't take them in any form of romantic attachment. What were they thinking?! OK, I can see the attraction from Gabe's POV but, come on, entertaining a single thought about Sara and Gabe together and exploring it on screen only prove further how isolated and detached TPTB are from the viewing audience. I knew they were trying to hook up (in one way or another) Sara and Gabe right from the season 2 premiere and they only proved me right much to my dismay.

Did anyone else notice how the season 2 finale was about just Sara and Gabe? Even Irons was played like an afterthought. Poor Danny and Jake! They were on for merely a few minutes in the season finale. Don't get me wrong, I love Gabe and was one of the fans who requested him to be a regular on the show after season 1, but I think the Gabe character right now is much bigger for the role than what was intended for him by most fans. TPTB need to put the whole show in balance again much the way they were in season 1.

But I'm afraid Gabe will play an even more bigger role in season 3 as he is now sporting the Witchblade scar like Irons. By the way, how exactly did he acquire that scar? It can't be just because Irons inhabited him. If that were the case, then Danny would sport a similar scar. He is now tied with the Witchblade whether we like it or not. And I'm afraid that I don't like it one bit. We all know that he plays a much bigger part in the Witchblade saga more than he realizes. Now, it was just too obvious like everything else was obvious in season 2.

Also, adding that little tidbit about how the Witchblade cannot kill anyone who previously wielded it is absolutely ridiculous. Again, a cop-out from TPTB to be able to bring back Irons. It does nothing to the WB saga and its history. So, it can abandon its wielder but not kill it. Yeah, right. I thought the Witchblade is much more cruel to its wielder than that. Now, it more like a puppy than a sentient, avenging weapon. I'm sorry but I'm not buying it.

Poor Ian! I've missed him wearing his armor and being the gallant knight that he was in season 1. All the magical and intriguing aspects of his personality that drew in male and female audiences were completely destroyed. The man in uniform persona (the knight); the knight in shining armor aspect of his personality that evoke of a forgotten era which values honor, duty, and purity; the innocent child; the tormented soul; the warrior; the poet - all these were gone in season 2. How much we've lost this time. What we saw was merely a shadow of his former self.

I can't even begin to discuss how much we've lost in Irons. The loss were beyond words and regret.

All I can say to TPTB is take a better look at season 1. All the magic is there. You're only to recreate it again. Evoke the magic of the Witchblade one more time.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.