VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 20:44:45 08/28/02 Wed
Author: Tobaira
Subject: Sigh and alas. This show is great, just a few flaws....
In reply to: Schnee 's message, "A good question" on 20:16:59 08/28/02 Wed

I surprise myself at how icked out I was over Ian's recent promiscuity. It's not the sex, it's the WHO! Aris, I could get that (although the writers should have been clearer on motivation), she looked like Sara and was OBVIOUSLY available - to him most importantly. Sara wisely and rightly rejected him in both seasons. Making her distrust and even disdain for him apparent. And thus started a powerful and complex relationship. They alternately threaten and save one anothers lives. At the present, I don't want any other kind of relationships for them. Good writing could sell me otherwise... but, we'll see.

And then the vertical nookie with Lucrezia in the hallway was just flat out bizarre. My only guess was some focus group made overtures towards wanting to see Etebari's Nottingham get a little physical - sexually speaking. She likes violence and sex so he's gonna give her some of both? If you're going to show me the penetrative thrust and her reaction, do me a favor and show me him snapping her neck because I NEVER want to see that character again. ARIS should have been brought back to finish what she started with IRONS help. WHY bring back this long dead dame with an undeserved rep? 10,000 miles and 600 years... No, I can't begin to know and I'm having some trouble caring. Yes the Borgias were power-hungry... but if you're going to tie her in, you should have already set up IRONS as her sick-o father Nicolas who managed to Faust his way to eternal life and brought his "beloved" daughter with him because the historical Nic Borgia had a nasty kind of love for his daughter Lucrezia. He was a little too possessive of her and controlling to be normal. Or at least go ahead and bomb-shell us with that surprise. Irons was bragging about body hopping - why couldn't Irons/N.Borgia be able to do it for centuries?

For the most part, I really did like the finale. And I've loved the second season. It's been great to see DAnny acting in the physical world. But the incosistency with Ian is troublesome. And don't underestimate my ire with the presence of Lucrezia.

I'd prefer to see a new character come on as a sexual or romantic interest for Ian. These evil skanky chicks just ick me out. Someone who's not so much of either perhaps? Evil I can take, skanky - I can't. But I digress. Because now I'm lead to another question that should be addressed... What were the methods that Irons used to teach Ian to protect, guide and even nurture the wielder of the Witchblade? If I were sitting in the writer's chair I would answer that question with a woman that was a girl in Ian's past. Why? Unlike the other members of the Black Dragon squad, Ian has consistently shown a respect and tenderness for women (Aris and Lucrezia not withstanding). He tends to demonstrate an old world chivalry. POSSIBLY that's conveyed by Etebari, but I'm going to give Ian the benefit of the doubt. Did Irons foster this behaviour and how?

Other things the writers ought to get back to from the first season. The White Bulls and WTFever Irons was doing to keep himself alive and young and where is the storage chamber for spare Ians when the current model isn't working properly?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.