VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 07:46:00 08/29/02 Thu
Author: Karen
Subject: Did my part...
In reply to: The Darkling 's message, "Re: TNT message board - POST FOR THIRD SEASON" on 14:18:48 08/28/02 Wed

... and if anyone does want to start up a petition, let me know. While the Save Summerlee campaign wasn't a total success, in that the actor and character weren't brought back, they did include him in one episode due solely to the ruckus we made. I also got a private communication from the production company about the behind scenes reasons for their decision. So I'd be more than happy to try the same here, if it's supported. Let me know.

This is what I post over at the TNT board:

Actually, I'd like to see a good six or so full-length seasons, but I can be patient. :) Confirmation of a third would be a good start.

As the owner of a Witchblade site (the first fansite for the television series ~ I actually posted the site to the internet prior to the series premiere, I had that much faith in the show. Still do. :) ), I can definitely vouch for the series' popularity. Please, go to www.solitaryphoenix.com/Witchblade to see for yourself. I have several fansites for various genre television shows, and the Witchblade site has the second most amount of hits ~ at last count over 100,000 hits ~ in only two "half" seasons, whereas the one with the higher number has had three full seasons, and has about the same number of hits! The message board at my site is full of intelligent, wonderful, creative people, who post regularly, care about each other, and are smitten by your show. Please feel free to wander over and check it out; I think you'll find some items of interest. I also know several people personally that are huge fans ~ something that hasn't happened with the other genre shows I enjoy. Witchblade is a great show, with the potential to become a genre staple, like Farscape or Buffy. Just hang in there ~ the support is out here.

I know that producers and other PTB behind the scenes don't always listen to the fans, but if there is any danger of Witchblade not making it to a third season, I want you to know that I feel that would be a foolish mistake on your part. Putting aside the fact that it would deprive the world of yet another intelligent genre show, from a business stand point, you'd lose. Just for the record, I never used to watch TNT, until after I started watching Witchblade. Now I watch Law & Order there regularly, as well as Charmed, and the occasional special or movie. So, Witchblade brought me to TNT, and a few others as well from what I can see from the posts here. Charmed and L&O are available on other stations, and I'd probably drift back over to them if Witchblade wasn't around to keep me stationary. Just a thought for you to ponder.

Please renew Witchblade for a third season. At least a third; at best 4, 5, 6... Full seasons, preferably... ;) Thank you.

PS ~ while I'm at it, I'd like to send out my appreciation to the cast and crew for a job way well done. Go Yancy! :)

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.