VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:37:38 08/29/02 Thu
Author: The Darkling
Subject: Re: give me a little leeway...
In reply to: gosseyn 's message, "give me a little leeway..." on 11:20:19 08/29/02 Thu

>...and this could conceivably be on topic. (After
>mycathatesyou.com -- see below -- my work day is down
>the tubes.) Good for nitpicking action scenes if
>nothing else. :-)
>http://www.intuitor.com/moviephysics/

Not a bad site :) I do disagree with one point though:

Bullets containing white phosphorous are the exception. We've seen these bullets fired, and they do indeed produce bright flashes of light. Such bullets were designed so machine gunners could see where their bullets were hitting, and start fires when riddling the fuel tanks of enemy vehicles. Needless to say, they're usually available only through military sources, and at that, in a limited number of calibers.

This isn't quite true. Tracers, the ammo they refer to is not available through only military sources. I have several rounds of tracers in my gun safe at the moment, and I assure you they did not come from military sources. As for the calibers they come in, wrong again. You can get tracers in nearly any caliber. You pay dearly for them in some of the odder calibers, but they are available.

Beck

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.