VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 03:09:01 08/30/02 Fri
Author: Phoenix
Subject: Re: Where to begin...DONNA HITTING THE NAIL ON THE HEAD
In reply to: DEHPenguin 's message, "Where to begin..." on 15:23:37 08/29/02 Thu

>Donna
>*who feels used. I helped promote the show, but now
>that the season is over, I've been pushed aside*

You've probably just said it all, Donna. When the movie "Sum of All Fears" came out, I told everyone who would listen that, if they had never read the Tom Clancy book, they'd love this movie - that it was a must see. Several of my friends and their wives decided to see it based on that and they told others who told others, etc. Now, if the company owning that movie had the right to stop me praising their product, would they be stupid to exercise that right? Absolutely!

Would they be even more stupid to do it without warning of any kind - just some detached "you dropped the soap in the shower, bent over to pick it up, so I am obligated to..." type of action? Absolutely!

I have listened to presentations by attorneys and corporate execs you wouldn't believe, Donna. Granted, most were in the area of labor/management relations issues, but some bled over into property and other rights. These are people who neither produce or create any product. They dwell in an abstract world where exercise of this intangible "right" is more important than perpetuating the product. We used to call it the "ostrich syndrome".

I am convinced it is something in the water they serve in corporate boardrooms. The creative people along with those of you who went to the effort to put up sites, etc did much to perpetuate the series. The people who shut you down did nothing in that respect. They evidently do not even have the sense to get out of the way and not be a hinderance.

Sorry about the site.

Phoenix

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.