VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 19:55:05 04/18/15 Sat
Author: Albert Parker
Subject: Re: Shipbuilding in Guayaquil
In reply to: AvM 's message, "Re: Shipbuilding in Guayaquil" on 06:09:11 04/18/15 Sat

I compiled some information about the ships of the Armada del Mar del Sur in 174142 for my account of George Anson's expedition to the Pacific during the War of Jenkins's Ear. I will try to post some of it in the next week or so. I was not interested in and did not take notes on or copy material about ships built at Guayaquil that either were no longer available in 1740 or were built after 1742. I do have info on the two ships built in the 1690's and on San Firmin.

I think I mentioned a couple of years ago, when I was writing about the Anson expedition, that the Spanish response was much more extensive and well organized than British historians, who assumed that anything their officers did not see in person did not exist, and that anything in which they did not participate did not happen, realized. (That's a complicated sentence in English but the syntax should be easy for anyone fluent in German to disentangle.☺)

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.