VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 04:53:25 04/20/15 Mon
Author: Gerardo
Subject: Re: Shipbuilding in Guayaquil
In reply to: AvM 's message, "Re: Shipbuilding in Guayaquil" on 06:29:34 04/19/15 Sun

I know at least two books (same author) dealing about Guayaquil's shipyards (I don't have here my documents, but will search for them in a few days).
Very few naval vessels were built there: only one SOL -very expensive and slow to built, I have many data about its building-, three very small SOLs or frigates (those of the 1690s and "San Fermín") and the last Spanish naval vessels were probably some gunboats (lanchas cañoneras), of which some survived into the Colombian navy. The Equatorian navy built there some vessels (gunboats and, if my memory don't betray me, the first steamboat built in South America). There were constructed at Guayaquil some schooners and other small naval vessels and many merchant vessels, from frigates down.
Guayaquil was also the shipyard that repaired most of the ships and vessels of the Spanish and then South American navies in the Pacific, at least until Callao and some Chilean ports were developed.
Bye
Gerardo

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.