VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 01:46:44 09/02/16 Fri
Author: Lindsay Alexander
Subject: Re: Shipbuilding in Guayaquil
In reply to: AvM 's message, "Re: Shipbuilding in Guayaquil" on 10:31:19 08/15/16 Mon

AvM, many thanks. I am sorry I only speak (and write) English. I have published a story on the Socabaya and her interesting New Zealand story. I have relied on the Armada de Chile website for the Socabaya's story up to her leaving Valparaiso in late 1840 with horses for Australia.
It seems the Armada de Chile version may be incorrect. I can send you, or post on this website (some 3500 words) if you want, the story on the Socabaya that I have researched and written.
I am very interested in learning the real story of the Socabaya. Her mast was part of an important event in New Zealand history.

Lindsay Alexander
Russell,
New Zealand.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.