VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 02:17:10 07/01/17 Sat
Author: AvM
Subject: Re: Algerian "Navy" 1732
In reply to: Albert Parker 's message, "Re: Algerian "Navy" 1732" on 22:16:33 06/30/17 Fri

Unfortunately I have collected no clippings, but I have found that at least 500 Spanidars were taken prizoners.
That catains of British and other vessels chartered to bring supplies to the Spain forces, whet they found that the ships have to sail to Oran, all refused.

It seems that like other Algerine ships, that these were built by European shipwrightsÂŽand fitted with good European equipements, inmcludaing sails, masts and heavy guns.

The notitices I have typed to threedeck forum form 1729 to 1732 are coming from different sources and all listed at least 3 large 60-70 guns ships, recently built.

Interesting that all large ships disappeared by 1737, as we have detailed listing from that date.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• Re: Algerian "Navy" 1732 -- AvM, 04:12:39 07/01/17 Sat
  • Re: Algerian "Navy" 1732 -- Albert Parker, 14:24:53 07/01/17 Sat
    VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.