VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 10:21:16 10/17/15 Sat
Author: TMW
Subject: Gaylen, is it possible to have an open discussion about the TOPMA rules openly here? The reason I ask is much like yourself we work hard to provide for our families and the ability to race without sponsorship and feel that the 2 race drop rule which has been in effect since at least 2003 that I know of is a good rule. It affords someone the opportunity to attend a wedding, a funeral or even the time to make major repairs to their car in the event something happens. We will be racing for the TOPMA championship next year as well and don't want to see a rule change at the last minute.
In reply to: Patrick Thomas 's message, "Charity Champions" on 06:19:41 10/17/15 Sat

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• Explain how subtracting earned points gives anyone an advantage? perfect attendance gets you 20 points, miss 1 that's 10, miss 2 that's 5. So you miss 2 races, get 5 and drop 0...make all the races get 20 for attendance and DNQ at 2 races so drop 22. You netted -2 and the guy who missed 2 nets 5 points. Bad math, strategically you either dominate or it behooves you not do well or miss 2 races. Doesn't benefit anyone in a close points race. My opinion only, and I'll voice it in any forum with anyone. I'd like to see it done away with period, maybe someone can explain how it's beneficial. (NT) -- Eric, 11:39:03 10/17/15 Sat
  • I understand there was a spreadsheet put together showing how this affected everyone? Can you post a picture of it here? (NT) -- TMW, 12:34:11 10/17/15 Sat
  • Eric Your missing the point everyone is trying to make did you and your crew know the rules on races being dropped before the season even started? If so why are we having any decusion (NT) -- miller time, 22:46:41 10/18/15 Sun

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    * Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.