Thursday, April 10, 2014 – VoyForums News: 'Heartbleed' vulnerability in OpenSSL
VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat for Free
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

Thursday, April 24, 04:20:21pmVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]3456 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 19:40:55 12/20/11 Tue
Author: Debra Mc
Subject: The letter I mentioned is inside. Keep in mind when reading, our district is at about 85% in poverty, and close to 50% English Language Learners. Its a pretty special place >>>>>
In reply to: Debra Mc 's message, "Just posting to say how much I have missed my daily visits to this board. I just scrolled down and noticed others saying the same. Facebook is where I go for quick check-ins, but with no Jodi or PD there, I am missing important updates from people I really care about. So, here I am!" on 19:37:36 12/20/11 Tue

Dear Mr. Griek,

I am writing you to inform you about the very positive experience, although we lost, I had while attending the boy's basketball game between your school and Klahowya on November 30th. My son plays on the Klahowya team.

Early in the game, I was very impressed with your team. Although they played hard, they were very quick to pick up anybody that got knocked to the floor. Their behavior spread to our team which started returning the gesture. I have not seen that from much of our team before this game.

Additionally, I thought the refereeing was fantastic. I know you don't have much influence on this, but I would state that it was the best refereeing I have seen in the 8 years my son has played basketball.

Your student section, although demonstrative, seemed to always have a positive spin on their support of your team. I did not hear one negative comment from that section directed to our team. At the end of the game, as our players were going to the bus, several of your students congratulated or issued statements of support for our team.

Finally, the crowning achievement was when your school provided pizza to our boys for the bus ride home. I have never seen this before, and not sure if it is something the school does in general, or if it was leftovers from the concession stand. Both ways, it was great and our boys really appreciated the food.

Thank you for the experience. Keep up the great work you and Coach Broom are doing. Because of this experience, I have to admit I have become a follower of Bulldog basketball. Good luck on the rest of the season.

V/r,
Bill Fagan

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> That's really a nice note, I bet you don't see a lot of that these days! -- M&M, 19:35:07 12/21/11 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Wow! NICE! That's excellent sportsmanship and just good human-nature! LIKE IT ALOT! And thank you so much for sharing Deb! xoxoxox -- Hedy, 09:08:34 12/22/11 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Wow! What a lovely letter not to mention gesture. -- Aislinn, 10:47:41 12/22/11 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.