VoyForums

Tuesday, September 26, 11:35:20amVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 16:19:41 03/17/14 Mon
Author: Cherie
Subject: To Be Read Pile...

Mine, as always is huge and growing.

I do very little actual "reading" these days. If I can get it on audio from the library, it gets added to the list.

I just got Kim Harrision's Undead Pool and started that last night. I am also patiently waiting for J.R. Ward's The King.

I have been oddly obsessed with Micheal Connelly's Harry Bosch and Mickey Haller (The Lincoln Lawyer) Series. My library has them all on audio so I've been listening to them almost non stop. Not my usual but I really like Harry.

I just finished The Ocean at the End of the Lane. It was interesting and different. And The Great Gatsby, I've never read it before. It was a little disappointing but I liked it. Now I'm going to watch the movie, cause I love Leo.

Have any of you read the Divergent series? I really liked it (right up till the end, but don't let that stop you) I'm looking forward to seeing the movies too. I'm also looking forward to the Gillian Flynn movies that are coming out. Gone Girl, I hope they change the end. I LOVED Dark Places and hope the movie is as good.

So what are you reading? What should I add to my TBR pile? What's in yours? And besides the obvious Outlander series, what are you looking forward to seeing come to life?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Movies/screen we are catching up on the Oscar winners since we do not go to the theater we usually watch at home on the big screen in the living room so I can take potty breaks and eat my own cheap popcorn! So I am looking forward to Captain Hanks and visiting DD this weekend who says she is showing me Frozen! Ever the Disney Princess that one ! Books-- I saw Mrs. Lincoln's dressmaker in the bookstore last week so downloaded that and started it for something different but realized its based on real person so am backtracing and have the YA novel about Elizabeth Kennecky to read first may or may not finish the historical fiction about her...started slow! In a reading rut nothing holding my attention! Too much traveling lately! I did enjoy My Name is Resolute from Nancy Turner read that on the beach! I think the environment helped! -- BetsyG, 12:01:20 03/18/14 Tue

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> I have 3 or 4 books on my pile now but I havent been reading much lately. I've got the latest Evanovich. Kate got it for me for Christmas. Also several JR Wards and Kelly Armstrongs. -- Tam, 09:09:57 03/19/14 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> I'm in a reading rut as I took two years to reread all of DG in anticipation of the new book. Nothing lives up to DG's excellent style and character development. -- PD, 10:03:48 03/19/14 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> Im so bad....... ever since Renee was sick and died I havent read very much. I just cant seem to get into hearing about others problems so Ive been doing re-reads basically. I need to uninstall Scrabble from the Fire too. *g* -- M&M, 14:36:21 03/19/14 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> ..... others FAKE problems. Sorry..... left that off. Real problems I dont have a problem with, and enough of them I dont need to read fake ones. :) -- M&M, 14:37:26 03/19/14 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> I am also in a book rut, but I just reread "Where'd you go, Bernadette" by Maria Semple. It's a quick read, lots of funny stuff which is what I was looking for. I have Gone Girl from the library next, we'll see how that goes. Then the newest from Dana Stabenow, not an Alaska mystery but historical novel. Saving it for Spring Break - DS is going to his dad's for the week, so that's good book time for me. -- MaryC in KY, 10:36:30 03/20/14 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> Another reading rut here, can't really place why. I've had lots of good library books here that I barely even touched let alone finished. Maybe it's because I started watching so many series shows, start to finish. That's kinda fun. -- Jodi YoB, 11:22:48 03/20/14 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Ive been watching too much TV too! -- M&M, 22:16:57 03/20/14 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> I've been in a reading rut for 10 years (since chemo). Lately, I've been reading books by Louise Penny because an island friend loves them. She's a Canadian author and her books are mysteries set in a fictional Quebec town called Three Pines. The writing fluctuates between very good to lame - not sure why I've stuck with them except maybe because they are light and not too involving? You don't have to get too invested but just enough to keep reading. The first one is called Still Life. -- M.F., 13:28:08 03/20/14 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> I'm glad I'm not the only one in a reading rutt. I'm like you Jodi. Now that I have a PVR, Netflix and series DVD's from the library, I watch so much tv. I love sitting down and watching a whole season or 2 or 3 episodes in a row. If it wasn't for my audio books I'd really never read much. Not like I used to. Maybe we're all on a no book phase. -- Cherie (), 18:28:04 03/20/14 Thu

Last edited by author: Thu March 20, 2014 18:29:08   Edited 1 time.
[ Edit | View ]

[> I seem to always have at least one reading book going as well as an audio book. I choose from the library and my own bookshelves and have read lots of good stuff (and listened too) but I seem to forget everything so quickly. Don't know if it's a function of age, too much info at one time, lack of sleep, or what, but my retention sucks! Cherie, I did read the Divergent series and enjoyed it up until the end too. I'll see the movie hopefully when we're back from our RV trip (if it's still in the theatres). -- Denise, 18:49:23 03/21/14 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.