VoyForums

Monday, July 24, 11:45:55amVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 10:14:24 03/19/14 Wed
Author: Tam
Subject: Hey Chicks...

Thought I'd drop by and say hello.

Things are stressful here but could be worse. Some good stress some not so hot.

Matt has met his first weightloss goal. He's down about 200 pounds! My parents sent him $3,000 to use for a trip abroad since he missed his study abroad due to surgery. He is currently deciding where to go and planning. He wants me to go with him. But only me so that is causing a bit of a heartburn with his dad. But I'm fun and he isn't and Matt and I are very close. If he can get a friend to go he will, but only one could and would and we'll see. He's at Old Dominion U. working on a Bachelors in Criminal Justice. Still thinking about being a cop, FBI, DEA etc. *Fingers Crossed* he fucking graduates. If he wasn't the only one that could use Steve's GI Bill he'd have quit so that is a blessing in disguise I guess.

Kaitlyn has scholarship woes and is stressed out of her gourd with school. She has 3 APs, Honors Chamber Orchestra, and an upper level math. She is determined to graduate with straight A's and has the AP exams looming so she puts a ton of stress on herself. Then there is PROM (I can not wait for that to be OVER!) She is a senior class officer. Way back when they voted on a theme. They picked "Candy Land" which she hates. There was a meeting with the Event decorator and their class sponsor. ALL the officers were suppose to go, but only Kate showed. SO, she had to choose all the decorations herself. There are over 600 kids in her class and 8 officers! She is terrified that if they don't like it they'll point the finger at her. Several people texted her and said "Don't make it childish" It's fucking CANDYLAND! You voted for CANDYLAND she didnt't. THEN, she has no date. WTF is wrong with the boys at her school?! She is VERY upset about this. When your kids hurt you hurt. Also, the friend in charge of her "group" is being a bitch. She wants to go to FIVE GUYS for their prom dinner. Seriously!!! You want to stand in line to order a burger while your $300 Ballgown swipes through peanut shells and spilled soda???!!! WTF!!! There is more to it, but Kate wants to drop out of the group even though her 3 best friends are in it. IF she does, she'll be totally alone for Prom. No date, no limo, no friends. I am SOOO PISSED OFF but don't want to be one of those moms that emails teens. LOL So, I have offered to host a dinner party for them, complete with candles and whitelights and fresh flowers and catered and...mock cocktail bar. We'll see if this solves it. BUT...
biggest stress is I had a bad mammogram last August. I had 2nd and then ultrasound. They found "something" but it was too small to biopsy. They wanted me back 6 months later. Due to insurance fuck ups I had to wait until last week. The "mass has grown" and now I have a biopsy on Friday, April 4th. I'm a bit scared. Trying to focus on scholarship forms and work and household and my class and anything but the possibility of a bad outcome.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Im so glad you updated about Matt...I think about him all the time. :) Leave DH at home..... you'll have more fun w/o him. :) Kaitlyn has a plateful with school let alone that prom crap. Candy Land! YIKES! Sounds like they voted for it and now they are regretting it. Tell her to change it since nobody helped. :) OMG Five Guys!!!!! THey would smell like it the whole night! Youre a good mom Tam!!!!!!! Im sorry you found a mass, and cant imagine your worry. Only good news for you! We are here for you no matter what!!!!! -- M&M, 14:34:44 03/19/14 Wed

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Everything she ^^^^ said!!! Except I don't know what Five Guys is. Michelle said they would smell if they went there so I am picturing something like KFC. Grant had a roomie once who worked at KFC and only showered once a week. I will picture that. EWWWW!!! I think your home dinner party sounds lovely! -- Jodi YoB, 00:14:09 03/20/14 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> LOL Hamburger place. All those fast food places you end up smelling like that. Do you have Panera Bread.... I love their soup but I cant stand smelling like them all day. -- M&M, 09:53:42 03/20/14 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> We have a 5 Guys!! you have to try it. Great burgers, terrible place for prom!! It's by Ikea. -- Cherie, 13:01:01 03/20/14 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> There are 4 here, who knew! Just asked G....he knew. I've lost 10 pounds with MyFitnessPal and regular but not overly strenuous exercise. I won't be going there anytime soon dammit since I still have another 35 to go. :( I don't know whether I should be happy about the 10 or sad that I can't even fucking see it yet. I can feel it in my clothes though. And my bmi dropped from 'obese' to just 'overweight'. I suppose that's a plus. *g* -- Jodi YoB, 22:42:20 03/21/14 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> Don't get me wrong. Five Guys is Da Bomb!!! Great burgers, perfect fries. But...NOT for Prom. Jodi, give it a try some time when a burger is calling your name. I am not sure how much I'd need to lose to JUST be overweight. lol -- Tam, 16:58:19 03/22/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> (((((((((((((((Tam))))))))))))) Congrats to Mat! That is awesome! The trip will work itself out. As for Prom, I think you have found a great proposal, crossing my fingers the kids take it. And as for the medical crap, its not in your control right now, which is frustrating, but you are doing the right things - focus on life and all the little things that need to happen. And I'll add you to my prayers. -- Debra Mc, 15:07:01 03/19/14 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> Oh my honey so glad you came to lay your head! PROM crap been there done that! hope it works for her! L had no date to hers either ended up w Joel friend had a miserable night so bad I still remember ! YAY for Matt and maybe you and he need the trip for encouragement for him to study and you for whatever the medical you ha e to face! Blessings to all ! Stay strong! -- BetsyG, 19:17:11 03/19/14 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> Congrats to Matt!! High school is made to be forgotten! Hope Kate gets thru the prom crap unscathed! You, my dear, I will keep in my prayers. You have the largest support team in the world!!! We all love you! -- CarolE, 22:20:28 03/19/14 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> Glad to hear the update and I can sympathize with Kaitlyn's stress - DS is doing the same thing about colleges since he graduates this year too. Hugs to you on the upcoming bioopsy and results. Maybe it's a "twin" thing because I had weird mammo results last summer too, just meant I got to do the contortion poses for follow up mammo and all was good. I should've warned you :) Hugs and calming vibes to you, I know the anticipation and waiting really suck. ((( Tam and family ))) -- MaryC in KY, 10:40:11 03/20/14 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> I'm sending you major boobie vibes. My mom just had a major mass detected too. It's a benign cyst and not causing any problems. Hope the same for you.That's so great about Matt. 200 lbs!! That's more then me, that's a whole person! Who the fuck goes to 5 Guys for prom? Seriously. I hope they take you up on your offer for the dinner, sounds wonderful. Josie had similar problems at grad. 18 is the legal drinking age here, almost everyone is 18 when they graduate. Josie was one of the few who wasn't . All her friends went to the bar after grad. Her and a friend went to her friends place to watch movies. The people going to the "after grad" party she didn't know. It's so hard when your baby is hurting. Inside for my drama yesterday ----->>>> -- Cherie, 13:16:52 03/20/14 Thu

Spent 7 hours in emergency with Josie. She's been having terrible periods for the past few months. Bleeding & cramps every 2-3 weeks. Last week she went to the Dr and she ordered an ultrasound in case of cysts. So she went on Tuesday. Wednesday she was in so much pain and bleeding so bad I had to pick her up from school. I called the Dr to see what she suggested and she was gone on holidays for 2 WEEKS!! WTF!!! So I took her to the hospital. God I hate that place. Ultrasound was clear, no infections, blood was good. So they gave her some drugs to slow the bleeding and percocet. We did see a gyno and he put her on some stronger birth control and set up a follow appt in 1 month. So fingers crossed it gets better.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I have an idea. We send Darcy & Matt traveling. Darcy is a total hermit and never does anything but play video games. Would love for him to go out and do something. It's a little sad that 20 something boys would travel with their mothers. I know I would totally go with Darcy too *G* -- Cherie (), 13:25:48 03/20/14 Thu

Last edited by author: Thu March 20, 2014 13:28:53   Edited 1 time.
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Well I'm sure Matt would pick a friend or his gf over me. It's more of a time off from work and school and money issue for his friends. He missed his study abroad time frame while in Arkansas and stuff due to his surgery. I am going tohave him look into it via ODU so then he'd do it more as a study abroad. But, he and I are a lot alike and have a good time on vacations together so it would be pretty cool. We aren't the average frumpy boring moms! ;) LOL -- Tam, 17:01:48 03/22/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> So sorry Josie is going through such pain, hope it improves. I have to say Dylan would probably be the same, he has two or three friends he'd ask but I'm sure I'd be the backup. :/ -- Maria, 14:03:10 03/20/14 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Sounds like what I have....... have them check for endometriosis (sp?) . Meanwhile the only thing that worked for me was Tylonel with codein , it put me to sleep. Cant say anymore w/o getting gross, feel free to email me. -- M&M, 14:50:39 03/20/14 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> That was actually brought up by the gyno but they thought it more likely a cyst. She has POCS (poly ovarian cyst syndrom) associated with her dibeties. He didn't think the endro was very likely. But he's following up with her in a month. It's good that she'll be able to see the gyno now. & her dibeties dr is in the same hospital so the gyno was going to follow up with him too. -- Cherie, 15:42:16 03/20/14 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Did the percoset work for her? That has no effect on me. That poor thing, she has so many years ahead of her to have this dreaded period crap. -- M&M, 22:15:44 03/20/14 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> Yes the perks seem to be working for her. Things have eased up today and she's a lot better. Hopefully the birth control will keep things on track for her -- Cherie, 14:46:11 03/21/14 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> UPDATE - I spoke way too soon it's been a very long 5 days After 3 trips to the ER and spending over 20 hours there----->>>> -- Cherie, 00:12:08 03/26/14 Wed

Josie is now in the hospital. They FINALLY found she has an abscess and infection in one of her tubes. They are not sure if it was a cyst or polyp or just bacterial, maybe HPV related. But she is very sick. They have her on major amounts of IV antibiotics and paid meds. They are giving it a few days and then will do another ultra sound to see if it is clearing up. If not they will take a closer look and see if it needs to be drained or if it will require surgery. I am relived that she is going to get better. There is nothing worse than your child screaming in pain and you can't do anything about it. Please keep us in your thoughts. I will update you when I know more

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> OH CHERIE! I can't believe they didn't see it before. I dont think the medical field takes womens bleedidng seriously enough, I think they all think we are mooing about cramps. That is horrendous that they missed that and she has to go through all of this. I hope she is resting at least and out of pain. Strength to the momma and healing vibes to Josie, oh that poor girl. :( -- M&M, 08:53:42 03/26/14 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Oh Cherie and Jose that sounds really serious loads of healing wishes!! I hope she is getting some pain relief! -- BetsyG, 16:12:53 03/27/14 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Oh dear - sending healing vibes to Josie and coping ones for you Cherie! Hope she improves rapidly. -- Maria, 23:32:51 03/27/14 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Getting stressed out --->>> -- Cherie, 00:15:14 03/28/14 Fri

She had a really bad day. Vomiting and lots of pain. They did another ultra sound today and are concerned she doesn't seem to be getting better. She should be responding to the antibiotics by now. The ultra sound showed a lot of inflammation in her abdomen. They aren't ruling out her appendix. They may resort to a CT scan tomorrow.

Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Sending gentle hugs to your sweet daughter and calming vibes to you -- it is awful when our babies are hurting.... ((( Cherie and Josie ))) -- MaryC in KY, 06:22:34 03/28/14 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Oh Cherie...... I hope they find whatever it is soon. This is just awful for her and you too! My heart goes out to your both.......hugs. -- M&M, 09:02:19 03/28/14 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> thinking of you today!! keep us posted ! -- BetsyG, 09:53:24 03/28/14 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> ANY NEWS Cherie? -- M&M, 16:55:59 03/28/14 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> FRIDAY NIGHT UPDATE FROM CHERIE.....She is better today, gyno as happy with today's ultra sound. No need for ct, sure it's the infection in her tubes. But seems to be clearing up. Responding to the antibiotics finally. Maybe get out Sunday. Currently they are trying to put in a new iv, but they are on the 3rd nurse. They have taken so much blood she looks like a pin cushion. :( -- Jodi YoB, 22:11:48 03/28/14 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Yikes, what an ordeal! Fingers crossed the worst is over and she got a good IV nurse. ;) -- Maria, 00:52:50 03/29/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Hugs and prayers to Cherie and Josie! What an ordeal! Hopefully she is continuing to improve today. -- Debra Mc, 14:09:35 03/29/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Good news the anti-biotic is working! Phew! Best Jodie and Cherie! -- M&M, 15:13:22 03/29/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> SHE IS HOME!!! She is feeling so much better and happy to be in her own bed. Thank you everyone for all your concern and thoughts. -- Cherie, 23:12:05 03/30/14 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> I'm so glad to hear this! Best wishes for a continued and fast recovery. -- Denise, 14:51:16 04/02/14 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Ackkk! This situation sounds terrible for Josiee and horrible for you, as well. I hope the doctors can get her feeling better very soon and on the way to a full recovery. -- Denise, 09:53:02 03/28/14 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> So sorry Josi has to deal with that kind of chick crap. I hope they get it regulated and it isn't too bad in the future. -- Tam, 16:59:15 03/22/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Poor Josie. :( How I miss the 80s...we went to Papillon's after our grad. I was 17 and looked 12 but back then anyone could get in anywhere. Are you old enough for Papillon's Cherie? It was right downtown. -- Jodi YoB, 23:37:09 03/22/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> Hope you get to travel with Matt. Sucks about the prom stuff - we have grad up here but it doesn't seem to be quite such a big deal - anybody I know who attended didn't really have dates but went with a group. Since I was a high school drop I wouldn't know;-) As for the mammo thing - I subbed for a woman a few weeks ago who had a similar thing and she just had to have it drained. Hope yours is nothing serious as well. -- M.F., 13:17:25 03/20/14 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> Ha - that would be high school drop OUT!!! (Hi Cherie - from the island - hear you guys got more snow) -- M.F., 13:20:06 03/20/14 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> YES there is a pile of snow. This sucks!!! -- Cherie, 13:22:47 03/20/14 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> I just tried to send you a couple of pics I took a few minutes ago. -- M.F., 13:31:13 03/20/14 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> (((Tam))) It'll all work out, but in the meantime it's just our nature to obsess and stress. :p Hope you get some good news soon. -- Maria, 14:07:16 03/20/14 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> There really is a lot of good and bad with that post. Congrats to your son, that's a major achievement, hope your daughter relaxes a bit, all that stress doesn't help your brain to function! And all the best on your test, I can only imagine the crazy and unwanted thoughts that are going through your head. -- Denise, 22:11:46 03/20/14 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> Nice to see you Tam; so much going on in your life, as usual. Vibes sent that all the medical stuff is A OK. -- PD, 10:09:21 03/21/14 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> SORTA UPDATE: Prom crap quieted down after a week and a half of snippy texting and tears. The girl causing it all lost in the end when ALL of the 18 wanted to go to a Japanese steakhouse and let her, her date (who isn't a Sr) and one other girl go to 5 guys alone. Kate still has no date, but she has a beautiful dress, hair apt and limo paid for...she'll have a good time. -- Tam, 17:04:48 03/22/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> And no one wanted dinner with PARENTS. God fobid. Funny, I'm Kaitlyn's mom and she thought it was a wonderful idea. She asked me if I could do it for her graduation party instead so...checked that box I guess. Stupid teenagers. -- Tam, 17:08:41 03/22/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> That's so sweet. :) We don't have prom here, we have 1 grad at the end of grade 12. It's the graduation ceremony and then a dinner with the parents, often on the same day (mine was which was nice). Seems so sad to not include parents. It's not so embarrassing when everyone else's mom and dad is there also. *g* And in my nerd brother's case, both his grandmas! LOL. Try following that, I don't think my grandmother's ever forgave me for that. -- Jodi YoB, 23:33:01 03/22/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> Thanks for all the good BOOB vibes. lol I'll keep you posted. I have plenty to keep me busy and my mind off it for the most part. I'm sure it's nothing. Probably a cyst or fatty tissue. Lord knows I have plenty of THAT! -- Tam, 17:06:19 03/22/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Luvs and prayers, and good booby vibes -- Hedy, 00:16:24 03/25/14 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.