VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

Saturday, June 24, 03:56:37amVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:28:35 04/05/14 Sat
Author: Hedy
Subject: How kind - and how very much I appreciate you all! >>>>> Come on in for the 'scoop'
In reply to: MaryC in KY 's message, "Sending vibes to everyone...." on 13:38:31 04/03/14 Thu

After WEEKS of intense antibiotics to try to 'dry up' that original surgical site, it seems to have worked. There is still a bit of output, but, nothing like it was. We still have a nurse in to do dressing changes every 2nd day, but, I no longer have to do it in between their visits (that's how much output there was)... so THAT IS GOOD! Coming off those antibiotics too, his energy is improving, his taste buds are returning to normal. So he's more active and eating better. ALL GOOD!

We're scheduled for pre-admissions Thursday, and Friday he goes under the knife to remove the lower right lobe in his right lung! The surgeon assures us it is a relatively easy surgery, but, he also informed us that the last CT Scan shows a spot on his left lung now too. So it's (probably) spread to the lung, as well as the liver.... We have to get him through this next surgery and healed up ASAP to get him back in shape for CHEMO! That is the only solution we can think of to PUSH BACK the demon fucking cancer. We have an appointment with the Chemo Doctor three weeks after the lung surgery, so, here's hoping.

Meanwhile, we are trying to enjoy our days - getting out on the bikes, day trip to the island for the day yesterday (amazingly 'normal' for us), and so forth! He's got a BIG project he's working on... He's got 40 years of family slides to view/sort/and then save electronically (he bought a special piece of equipment for that) which will digitize and enhance the slides. BIG PROJECT - but he's happy doing it!

As for me, I need to work on a few things - I have to get physical - I am failing miserably and feeling like crap as a result. I need to STOP DRINKING! There, I said it 'out loud'... I have been leaning on my nightly adult beverages and I know that's contributing to the weight, and sense of 'sloth'! I have to talk more honestly (like here and now) to people and what's going on and not push them off when they ask about ME. Which I do. Chronically. Most days though, people don't even know I'm here. It's really all about Leo, and I realize he needs the support, the care, the interventions for his health. Actually, his Daughter Karen is one of the few people who SEES ME! And she's wonderful at it!

I sleep alone in a king-sized bed. I kiss my Sweetheart good night (in our front parlor on his loaner hospital bed) and climb the stairs to my lonely room EVERY NIGHT since Nov. 6th.

Hope this isn't TOO much information, but, there it is in black and white!

Love and THanks for continued care, support and prayers - most days we DO feel them - and I believe with more of the same - we will get through this!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> Oh Hedy, you tell it like it is! We have big shoulders and can take it! All the best for Leo's upcoming surgery and you take care of yourself. You matter, not just as Leo's wife and present caretaker, but because you are a wonderful person in your own right. You neen special attention too. Major hugs! -- Denise, 16:19:48 04/05/14 Sat

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> You are so good with Leo, always positive and loving..... can't imagine how draining it would be. We're here for you, if only to tell you how wonderful you are!!!!! :) -- M&M, 19:16:39 04/05/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Please know you can always be honest with us, and we are here for you - really, and truly. I'm on Spring Break this week - if you need me up there for anything - let me know!!! -- Debra Mc, 20:05:37 04/05/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Its' NEVER too much info here! That's why WE rock!!! You come here anytime you need to all let it all hang out. Seriously take some time for you too. (((((Hedy & Leo))))) Hang in there Hedy! -- Tam, 20:06:19 04/07/14 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> HEDY we are here for you to dump please come dump on us and YOU do need to take time for you! HOW STRONG you are to climb those stairs each night!! OH my dearest!! LOADS of vibes everyday but especially today on the surgery! HUGS and love to you!!!! -- BetsyG, 09:51:21 04/08/14 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.