VoyForums

Sunday, April 30, 03:39:20pmVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 10:29:22 04/17/14 Thu
Author: Cherie
Subject: Happy Easter!!!

I still find this funny. *G*

Do you do a big dinner for Easter? We generally do the whole turkey, ham, gravy thing. My Mom likes to put on a big dinner. I'm mostly looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow. I know it's sad.

We've had typical spring in the Rocky's weather here - Snow! It's not so bad, it does help the dust & dirt but I am tired of it.

And it has hampered my soccer practices. Did ya catch that? Yes, I said soccer practice. After a few glasses of wine, my cousin talked me into joining her over 30 VERY recreational league. I could very possibly die, I know this. What made me think taking soccer up at 44 was a good ideal I'll never know. Pretty sure it was the wine taking. But my cousin took it up last year at 48, and she didn't die. Our 1st game is on the 29th and I haven't been able to make it to a practice. I don't even know how to play soccer. I'm hoping we will be able to practice on Saturday.

Have a good weekend FFF

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> I'm feeling ambivalent about it this year; although if I cook a turkey I'll have leftovers (which we love) and won't have to cook for days. -- PD, 10:42:11 04/17/14 Thu

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> This always cracks me up too - I have seen one of those holiday banners on a house in town, think it says "tail" instead of "arse" tho :-) My guy and I decided instead of cooking we are going to a brunch at a local hotel - no leftovers but also much less stress trying to pull it off. Enjoy the soccer Cherie, moving around has to be good for us, right?? Happy long weekend to those who get one! -- MaryC in KY, 13:38:11 04/17/14 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> Just a normal weekend here with my aethist husband! BUT in the bible belt no house showing! I'll take that and buy some cheap chocolate on Monday :-) Kids too busy working to come home because sometimes they do and we celebrate with a big Spring dinner -- BetsyG, 15:12:13 04/17/14 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> Not religious and Dylan visited last weekend so I doubt he'll be here this weekend. I did a ham and mashed potatoes while he was here so he could have leftovers, and I passed out candy too so I guess we did it early. ;) -- Maria, 17:18:42 04/17/14 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Oh and I need to start doing something - it won't be soccer, not coordinated enough - as since I quit my physically demanding, weird schedule so I didn't eat regularly, I've gained a few pounds and I DIDN'T need to. -- Maria, 17:21:02 04/17/14 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> Soccer!!!!! LOL!!! Well, good luck with that. I picture you more of a co-ed slow-pitch kinda gal, way more drinking involved. *g* Was just discussing this with my lifelong soccer playing girlfriend who gave it up a couple years ago. Just too hard on her. So she took up co-ed rec volleyball and they've already lost two of their girls to concussions. I will stick to my cheap ass elliptical, I think. I'm proud of you though, Cherie, the odds are in your favour you won't die. I just got back from a last minute trip to Ixtapa with my old bf from HS who works for an airline (won't say which but you can guess it) and she gave me buddy passes to go with her. 6 days but 3 would have been plenty. I don't like women, any women really, more than 3 days in a row. Ask M&M, we were emailing each other and she figured the reason there are so many deaths in Mexico is ex-HS friends going on vacation together. She could be on to something. -- Jodi YoB, 18:01:53 04/17/14 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> How fun Jodi! I first read that as boyfriend (bf) thinking...is this a joke or what did I miss? LOL Glad you survived with no international incidents. -- Tam, 13:10:53 04/25/14 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> Cherie........ good for you! But quit! My sister played soccer as an adult and she has had more leg/vein problems then all of us put together....her legs are mess, she thinks its from getting kicked so much. You must of been drunk! lol Boys are both home for the day, but Brians bday is on Tuesday so they are really coming home for that. Brian wants Baked Mosticolli so thats what he is getting.....easy peasy. Jodi.... fish and family smell the same after three days ..... theres a reason for that rule. :) -- M&M, 00:17:33 04/18/14 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> Oh and this is my favorite cartoon I think...... makes me laugh every year! -- M&M, 00:18:13 04/18/14 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> Love the cartoon. You. Are. Crazy. Just protect yer heid lass! Lots of concussions in soccer. My BFF is doing up most of the dinner whilst I'm responsible for glazed carrots, fruit salad and a Philly double chocolate cheesecake (homemade). Not religious here either so I'll just say have a great weekend FFF'ers! -- CarolE, 10:31:45 04/18/14 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> Soccer? Are you crazy, Cherie? Be careful as I think you could be injury-bound if not watching it! I guess we'll cook a nice dinner on Sunday, must do some shopping for that! I volunteered to sort books yesterday for the upcoming used book sale, and it was so cold!! Woke up with a sore throat and am having difficulty convincing myself to go back today. Think I've talked myself out of it! The book sale has been scheduled more than a month earlier this year and the weather is much colder, maybe not a good idea! -- Denise, 11:44:14 04/18/14 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> Well, good for you, Cherie . . . I think! Being retired, dh and I both just realized that today was actually Good Friday. It's art week on the island and I'm actually taking a 4 hr workshop on using oil pastels this Sunday. Dh can surprise me with a nice dinner when I get home (must remember to tell him that). Tomorrow, we are walking on the ferry into Nanaimo for a big glass show that our glass blowing friends are part of. In the evening, our neighbour is sponsoring an animal rescue fund raiser at the local pub so we'll attend that. Funny, we just like being hermits and not seeing people at all! Oh, and Tuesday, I'm taking a short writing workshop put on by a local author. -- M.F., 14:11:39 04/18/14 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Art Week...how fun. They offer glass blowing at the same place I'm taking the photography classes. Looks fun. And writing workshop...you hit on all my buttons. LOL Hope it was fun! -- Tam, 13:13:06 04/25/14 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> we do have a nice Easter dinner because it is a rare occasion when we are all home. Today was beef tenderloin, with herb and garlic roasted potatoes, green beans and roasted peppers. Then my oldest drove back to school and the youngest is out, so just DH, me and the dog. It's pretty quiet! -- Isabelle, 20:29:12 04/20/14 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> Love that cartoon. Always good for a giggle. We typically do a brunch and something family oriented. This year the Disney trip kinda put Easter on a back burner. We ended up going out to brunch and just chillin' the rest of the day. I think SOCCER will be fun. Is it co-ed? :D I have friends in co-ed kickball leagues. I think that would be a hoot. Don't forget the shin guards. Here SAND Soccer is a big thing. Kaitlyn is in a sand soccer tournament next month. I'm looking forward to having an excuse to hang out at the beach all day. -- Tam, 13:08:11 04/25/14 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.