VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

Tuesday, September 19, 10:28:47amVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 10:22:54 06/06/14 Fri
Author: PD
Subject: As some of you know I'm a fabricoholic; here is what I've been up to lately.

Recently I entered my first quilt show and won a second place ribbon and a viewers choice award, very thrilling. The quilt was one I designed so I would have some hand work while travelling in Britain last year and it is the first quilt in the slide show. I've finished several more quilts in the last 6 months, all my own designs. I began dyeing fabric 2 years ago when I couldn't find any green and black fabric for one of my quilts and I got hooked on doing it. The first year I bought 50 yds of fabric to dye figuring that would last me a lifetime and went through it in one year. In March I ordered 150 yds, hope that lasts a bit longer. See the slide show here
The landscape quilts of the tree are a colour exercise one cool and one warm in case you are wondering why two. This design of mine was also printed in a design manual earlier this year.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> I forgot to mention the remaking of the cushions for the deck chairs which I have been dreading doing, and now relieved that its accomplished, hope they last as long (15 yrs) as the originals. Also put a matching flange on the umbrella. Hasn't the capatcha gotten difficult!! -- PD, 10:33:25 06/06/14 Fri

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> One quilt is prettier than the next, all are amazing..... and the tree is so different from a typical quilt very cool. I cant believe you make outdoor cushions.......I just cant imagine! *g* Yes, one time it took me five times to get it right. -- M&M, 14:07:28 06/06/14 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> These are beautiful! I just tried sewing a couple of years ago and I've made a bunch of rag quilts because I can only sew in a straight line (sort of). -- M.F., 18:37:59 06/06/14 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> You are so talented they are just beautiful -- Cherie, 22:21:12 06/08/14 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> LOVELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -- Hedy, 23:57:17 06/09/14 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> Absolutely gorgeous! I love pretty colours and it's obvious that you do, too. -- Denise, 15:28:39 06/15/14 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> I'm late so coool and verra pretty! More talent in your little finger than I can even think about! goodness! wow! gobsmacked! -- BetsyG, 07:54:18 06/17/14 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.