VoyForums

Thursday, June 22, 07:12:42pmVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:23:37 06/08/14 Sun
Author: M&M
Subject: I'm prolly in the minority but........ you know that doesn't stop me. :)

The book and movie... The Fault in our Stars. Im not even sure of that's the right title. :) I have no desire to read it, or to see it...I've had enough of adults dying of cancer, I don't want to read about kids having it and dying.

I know this is a part of getting older...losing people, but I'm a bit tired of it already. I've been in a reading slump for a good bit now and just want to read, see..... happy stuff.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> I only want to read fiction mystery books that are not too violent (the odd biography if it is not sad) and I only go to comedy movies or far out sci fi that in no way resemble reality. My mom always accused me of sticking my head in the sand but I didn't/don't care. I would not dream of reading or seeing The Fault in the Stars. -- M.F., 13:48:09 06/08/14 Sun

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> count me as part of that group actually started the sample but couldn't get past the first chapter but too many friends and relatives gone can't celebrate or give money to cancer -- BetsyG, 14:33:16 06/08/14 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> Me too. Part of the reason I never saw the appeal of sappy, weepy, Lifetime movies! Bloody hell, I can depress myself enuf w/o reading sad, depressing books! Another reason I quit reading Oprah books!! -- CarolE, 18:17:59 06/08/14 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> I read for relaxation and fun. I don't read books like that. No desire to read the crappy things in life. I watch the news for that -- Cherie, 22:02:38 06/08/14 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> I love John Green, but I've avoided it for the same reason. I do have it sitting here, as I told Amanda I want to read it this summer. Not sure if I can though. -- Debra Mc, 13:31:18 06/09/14 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> I'm with the rest of you, would like to read the book but am avoiding all the emotional upset because I have enough right now with my normal life, never mind getting caught up in fictional lives! I saw the new X-Men movie over the weekend, Hugh Jackman's naked butt sure made me smile... -- MaryC in KY, 07:19:22 06/10/14 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> Amen and AMEN! I feel the exact same way. I can't watch this or read the book, no matter how superlative the accolades for this Green dude. Life is hard enough, let alone dealing with tragedy in fiction. No thanks. -- Merc, 20:40:27 06/12/14 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> I'm right there with you. I've picked up a few books in the last year or started a few movies and just decided I'm not going there. I think it's because there is so much bad and sad reported in the news, all these random shootings and war, and people I know getting sick. Real life is hard enough right now, I don't need to add to it. I get it, Michelle. -- Jodi YoB, 20:13:51 06/13/14 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> I've been out of town for quite a while and hadn't checked this site - oooppps. I'm in total agreement, I don't need to cry my eyes out over a book! Give me adventure, mystery, romance, history, something else, but not tragedy, please! -- Denise, 15:22:07 06/15/14 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> Oh man, I thought it was just me. Kaitlyn told me a quick summary and I was like NO WAY. -- Tam., 09:25:52 06/19/14 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.