VoyForums

Monday, May 22, 12:34:24pmVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 13:44:51 09/05/14 Fri
Author: M.F.
Subject: Hedy - how are things going?

Since I'm not on facebook I think I'm really out of the loop. Think of you a lot!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Sorry for such a long delay in replying...... It's been a bit if a ride lately!!!! >>>>>>>> -- Hedy (:-(), 10:30:37 09/23/14 Tue

I fight every day for my positives. And I usually find them, but lately it's been more challenging. Leo's cancer metastasized to his brain. He had whole brain radiation and while he went thru that, he was on steroids to control swelling. During the steroid euphoria, we went thru a tonne of emotions and one rather big decision. Octobers 26th we take possession of a 25 year old house near Shawnigan Lake. I begged for and won a last Christmas in our Surrey home. So for about four months we will have two homes, two mortgages, two everything I guess. I am soooooooooooooo conflicted over this, but, am resolved to make the best of it. He may have six months or six years in this house, but, he wants this so very, very much.

To the more medical point of the story, his colon cancer surgeon sat him down last week Monday and got right in his face to ask him NOT to take any further treatments. Not to spend even one more moment in a medical institution. He encouraged Leo to sell everything, buy an RV, and go have a blast for as long as you can. He advised Leo that he didn't foresee him getting his driving privileges reinstated. He was very kind, and in fact, he cried a little telling Leo all of this. He's been the most caring and amazing doctor we've encountered, and we've been touched by many!

So, I don't know how to answer a question like "how are you" because I simply don't know. Today I'm going to try everything in my power to make it a sweet day and love my guy. We're on the island, leaving tomorrow, but heading up to see family in Duncan in a while here. May drive past the new house....

Thanks for thinking of us!!
Xoxoxoxo

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> No words. Just hugs. ((((((Hedy and Leo))))))) -- Merc, 10:34:17 09/23/14 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Oh Hedy, I don't know what to say. Cancer just BLOWS!!! I spent all day today sitting next to one of my best friends trying to take her mind off the chemo treatment. Like anything really could. Hugs and strength to you. Make theses memories with your sweetheart. (((((Hedy & Leo)))))) -- Tam, 22:06:05 09/23/14 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Oh Hedy......you and Leo are in my thoughts every day. Huge hugs and coping vibes. -- Maria, 03:18:01 09/24/14 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Hedy - I think of you guys every day. We have good friends who are battling a different form of cancer, but their journey too will not have a happy ending. They too are seeing each and every day as a gift. Please know I say a prayer for you and Leo every day!! Can't wait for a hug next month! -- Debra Mc, 19:15:40 09/24/14 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Stinkin' rotten cancer! Just sending great big Karen hugs to you! I can't even imagine! -- CarolE, 08:41:22 09/25/14 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> Words fail me, I'm so sorry. (((((((((((Hedy & Leo)))))))))))))) -- PD, 10:06:45 09/25/14 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> Think of you lots every day!! -- M.F., 13:49:23 09/25/14 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> And now for a slice of GOOD news: the oncologist reported today that last weeks CT scan shows the tumours (liver, lungs) are SHRINKING!!! Chemo worked on those. Going to restart chemo next week Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you all!!!!! XOXOXOXOX -- Hedy, 15:45:06 09/25/14 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> WELL my goodness - blessings for all the things chemo news and move!!! -- BetsyG, 20:03:49 09/25/14 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.