VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]9 ]
Subject: Re: ALIW AWARDS

Author:
erning
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 21:10:29 08/05/02 Mon
Author Host/IP: proxy1.hawaii.rr.com/24.25.227.132
In reply to: joey 's message, "Re: ALIW AWARDS" on 19:09:43 08/05/02 Mon

>what newspaper? e di ba this year lang iyong one night
>with regine, d ba, those to be awarded, should be
>concert, performances etc. done last year, just asking.

Martin Nievera enters Aliw Hall of Fame

Achievement

Tagle said special achievement awards would be given to Jose Mari Chan and the Apo Hiking Society for their contributions to live entertainment.

Nievera and Fernandez will compete with Regine Velasquez, Lani Misalucha, Freestyle and Side A for the Best Concert Act Award.

Johnny Manahan, Al Quinn, Louie Ignacio, Rowell Santiago, Floy Quintos will vie for the Best Concert Stage Director Award.

The nominees for the Major Concert Act category are (male) Nievera, Janno Gibbs, Gary Valenciano and April "Boy" Regino; (female) Jaya, Misalucha, Ai-Ai de las Alas, Lea Salonga and Velasquez; (group) Freestyle, South Border, D' Hunks, Side A-Freestyle ("Back 2 Back").

Bars and clubs

The nominess for Best Musical Performers in bars, clubs and restaurants are (male) Franco Laurel, Ogie Alcasid, Basil Valdez and Rico J. Puno; (female) Misalucha, Velasquez, Jaya and Anna Fegi; (group) South Border, Freestyle, Retrospect and Spirit of '67.

Louie Ocampo ("Crossover" Lani Misalucha), Gerard Salonga ("Broadway"), Marc Lopez ("Unleashed"), Ryan Cayabyab ("One Night with Regine") and Mon Faustino ("Gary") will compete for the Best Musical Director Award while the best emcee will be chosen from among Calvin Millado, Paolo Bediones, Dingdong Dantes, Bianca Araneta and Mark Nelson.

- snip Philippine Daily Inquirer

http://www.inq7.net/ent/2002/aug/06/ent_1-1.htm

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: ALIW AWARDS

Author:
Kathy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:51:49 08/06/02 Tue
Author Host/IP: NoHost/61.9.18.173

>what newspaper? e di ba this year lang iyong one night
>with regine, d ba, those to be awarded, should be
>concert, performances etc. done last year, just asking.

I think someone posted a copy of the Article na. It's in today's Philippine Daily Inquirer. I don't know why they're including this year's performance. Maybe someone else can answer that question. (=
>
>mag comment ka naman sa ginawang pambabastos ni lani
>sa sop when she did a le gran medley. one more thing,
>bakit ganon ang viva, i got a copy of the live album,
>ng viva, walang medley of song si regine, samantalang
>si jaya, lani at zsa zsa meron. why viva, why?

I won't really call it pambabastos....maybe it wasn't APPROPRIATE lang for her to do the Legrand medley when everyone else knows that Regine's coming up with a Legrand album.

But you know what? Bumaliktad ang effect dahil it only confirmed (once and for all) the Regine's the better singer. Lani's voice (personally I think she has talent) broke several times during the medley. Especially that portion when she sang "Piece of Sky." I don't mean to contradict myself but I think Lani should just stick to her own style of singing....and not try so hard to "copy" or outdo Regine.

That's all I can say about that.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.