VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]9 ]
Subject: Re: difficult to digest

Author:
Kathy
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 21:44:30 08/08/02 Thu
Author Host/IP: ipdial-246-250.info.com.ph/202.163.246.250
In reply to: jill 's message, "difficult to digest" on 19:23:52 08/08/02 Thu

>up to now i still find it very difficult to digest why
>our songbird didn't get the "entertainer of the year"
>can't think of no one else who deserves the award more than regine.

Hi Jill! Nice to see you on the Board again (=

Ako rin. I find it hard to comprehend. Have you read the posts on the other sites? Some say it was "lutong macao" because RH produced the show. That means the award giving body has no credence. That's the only way I can explain the strange turn of events.

So I console myself by thinking that the Aliw Awards is not a respectable award-giving body.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: difficult to digest

Author:
joey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:42:43 08/08/02 Thu
Author Host/IP: NoHost/203.167.80.131

>up to now i still find it very difficult to digest why
>our songbird didn't get the "entertainer of the year"
>plum in the recent aliw awards. nag-aral naman ako
>pero talagang hindi ko maintindihan how despite all of
>regine's achievements (actually hindi nga lang this
>year but since years ago pa) eh hindi pa rin niya
>nakukuha yung award na yan...sige wag na munang
>iconsider yung successes niya in other fields like in
>movies, tv and recording since they say naman that
>aliw gives recognition to live performances, pero i
>can't think of no one else who deserves the award more
>than regine.
>
>regine is my only favorite artist in whole world pero
>open naman ako kung sa tingin ko eh may mas deserving
>manalo kesa sa kanya...but it is just too much 'cause
>even if we base it doon sa late half of last year and
>early half of this year, i think regine still remains
>to be the most sought-after performer.
>
>she deserves to be resognized for setting the standard
>of excellence in the entertainment industry...sa
>concert na lang, eversince she did her record-breaking
>R2K concert at the Araneta, every concert artist that
>followed tried to outdo (to no avail) that one even
>using the same strategy/promotional tactics...she
>conceptualizes and directs her own concerts...if i
>remember if right regine is the 1st artist na
>nagconcert ng sunud-sunod na weekends...since last
>year pa almost every week she has concerts not to
>mention yung concerts din niya abroad both last year
>and this year...kung production value naman, i think
>that the reviews published so far have all been
>praises...in fact, concerts lang yata ni regine ang
>madalas i-review ng mga entertainment writers.
>
>i'm sure naman that lani is having a great year but
>regine is far having a much better run...nobody
>deserves to be called ENTERTAINER OF THE YEAR ngayon
>than Regine.

jill,

sa totoo lang, im still i a state of shock. until now, i still cant figure out, what could be the basis of the people behind the aliw awards to deprive regine of that recognition. im sure non regine fans will say that we are just sour graping becoz regz didnt get it. but im sure, if you'll ask the consensus of the majority, regz is the sure winner. the trouble is, we dont know what the criteria of the aliw people is. para iyang sa award giving body for film eh, you've given a particular director the best director award pero pagdating sa best picture, nakuha ng iba. i cant see the logic. sayang ang aliw awards talaga. from the very first year na nagbigay sila ng recognitions, nobody questioned their choice of winners. first time to ever. and i guess, this must be brought out not just through this message board but gawin talagang issue sa entertainment world. SCAM of all SCAM TALAGA.

totoo talaga ang sinabi ni RH in one of his interview, when asked about his protegee LM, late bloomer na si lm, and time is of the essence. kaya, their moving heaven and earth para ma achieve ni LM what regine has achieved in her 15 years of hardwork in the entertainment business. and when they say they will move heaven and earth, they will do it, even if it will mean stepping on other people. may kasunod pa iyan, IM SURE. yang pagkanta ni LH ng medley of LE GRANDS hits sa sop last sunday, mark my words their cooking up something. and masulot kay regine ang album of all LEGRANDS COLLECTION OF HITS.

TO REGZ, ito na lang ang isipin natin, WHAT DOES IT PROFIT A MAN, IF HE GAINS THE WHOLE WORLD BUT LOSES HIS OWN SOUL. that's the gospel for today.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: difficult to digest

Author:
cunat
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:43:39 08/09/02 Fri
Author Host/IP: ipdial-174-32.tri-isys.com/202.81.174.32

They're doing just so bad. It is very bitter. Okay lang na manalo si LM sa lounge acts pero sa entertainer of the year hindi dahil puro lounge acts lang ang marami sa kanya. Mas Marami ang big venue concerts ni regine kasama na duon ang One Night Only. Never ko pa na-witness na ang lounge winner eh nanalo din ng entertainer of the year, di sana ogie also won sa mga previous awards na siya lagi ang winner sa lounge acts at talaga namang marami siyang ganitong concerts. Huh mga tao nga naman!!!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.