VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums:

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]9 ]
Subject: Re: REGINE LOST SA ALIW AWARDS

Author:
cunat
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 00:58:14 08/09/02 Fri
Author Host/IP: ipdial-174-32.tri-isys.com/202.81.174.32
In reply to: Alex 's message, "Re: REGINE LOST SA ALIW AWARDS" on 00:19:44 08/09/02 Fri

Tama ka diyan kasi hindi naman pala siya talaga marunong umintindi ng music at true singing. Regine do not scream in interpreting songs,never. She's showing true emotions through the songs and when she hits high she uses her natural voice not falsetto (fake voice) and what a wonder is that she can hold that consistently and with longer breathe. And she really has consistent and wonderful voice lalo na on her worst condition. Remember Drawn concert. Paos siya nuon at may sakit pero parang hindi siya paos pag kumakanta. That's the true great talent. The Voice to Beat!!!

>To all, i think we should stop answering back any post
>msgs from kurimaw because its a waste of time and
>effort.He/she is definitely a pathetic
>loser..................
>
>Lets save our energies to a more meaningful posts than
>KURIMAW!
>
>>>this person who goes by the name of kurimaw deserves
>>the name.
>>lani m doesnt deserve the entertainer of the year
>>award for the simple reasons...she is not that in
>>demand in the four corners of showbiz land.i mean
>>tv,concerts..acting etc etc.sana maintindihan mo yan
>>kurimaw..siguro sa concerts lang.pero pag entertainer
>>dapat versatile..

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: REGINE LOST SA ALIW AWARDS

Author:
Kurimaw in LA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:29:17 08/09/02 Fri
Author Host/IP: spider-th043.proxy.aol.com/152.163.213.63

Mahiya nga kayo sa sarili niyo. Wala kayong alam kundi punahin lang ang mga gusto niyong marinig kay Regine. Yeah, Regine sings high notes but it's so thin and somewhat irritating. Not all her songs with high notes are good. and I can name all those songs that sound good to the ears. Aminin niyo na, na marami na ngang nakakapuna sa boses niyang pasigaw. I know most black or Afro-Americans sing like they're screaming but it doesn't sound irritating because their voices are heavy and soulful while Regine's voice is thin.

Regine does not scream? Are you deaf? or deafened by her screaming? Tell me why Celine and Mariah don't sound irritating when they hit the high notes? coz they know how to control it. Like I said, singing is not all about hitting the high notes. Regine can hit high notes alright but she can not hit low notes that's why sometimes she sounded the same. High-pitched voice lang talaga siya. Drawn concert? ughh! It was shown here in KSCI-TV Channel 18 and I invited my white friends to watch. They were not really amazed by her voice although they said she did a better version than that old song of Stevie Nicks.

Yes, Regine can hit high notes but that's all. She needs to rediscover herself to have self identity. True, Regine could sound better than the original as long as she will keep that standard she will be forever good like "Looking Through The Eyes of Love". If she revives songs in "karaokiesh" quality like "I don't wanna miss a thing" ugghhh!!! She will just be hurt in comparison with the original Aerosmith.

Go watch American Idol. You'll see how the aspiring singers get commented with their karaoke style talents.

>Tama ka diyan kasi hindi naman pala siya talaga
>marunong umintindi ng music at true singing. Regine do
>not scream in interpreting songs,never. She's showing
>true emotions through the songs and when she hits high
>she uses her natural voice not falsetto (fake voice)
>and what a wonder is that she can hold that
>consistently and with longer breathe. And she really
>has consistent and wonderful voice lalo na on her
>worst condition. Remember Drawn concert. Paos siya
>nuon at may sakit pero parang hindi siya paos pag
>kumakanta. That's the true great talent. The Voice to
>Beat!!!
>
>>To all, i think we should stop answering back any post
>>msgs from kurimaw because its a waste of time and
>>effort.He/she is definitely a pathetic
>>loser..................
>>
>>Lets save our energies to a more meaningful posts than
>>KURIMAW!
>>
>>>>this person who goes by the name of kurimaw deserves
>>>the name.
>>>lani m doesnt deserve the entertainer of the year
>>>award for the simple reasons...she is not that in
>>>demand in the four corners of showbiz land.i mean
>>>tv,concerts..acting etc etc.sana maintindihan mo yan
>>>kurimaw..siguro sa concerts lang.pero pag entertainer
>>>dapat versatile..

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: REGINE LOST SA ALIW AWARDS

Author:
Mahal
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:48:10 08/10/02 Sat
Author Host/IP: 178.seattle-21-22rs.wa.dial-access.att.net/12.82.136.178

Salamat sa pag-comapre mo kay Regine sa mga black singers. She herself will be happy just to be compared dahil hindi lahat ng pinoy ay kayang gawin ito.

She is an Asia-Pacific Song Fest grand winner at hindi pang-karaoke ang boses niya dahil most of the time she is accompanied by an orchestra in her concerts!!!! She give justice to her songs, revival or not, at hindi niya ito binababoy katulad ni Lani Misalucha.

My american friend in New York watched her taped SOP live and they were impressed with her to the point that they went to watch her concert last July along with my filipino friends. They said that she is at her best when she sings live.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: REGINE LOST IN VIDEO

Author:
mmJun
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:14:53 08/11/02 Sun
Author Host/IP: NoHost/66.198.148.208

>Yes, Regine can hit high notes but that's all. She
>needs to rediscover herself to have self identity.
>Go watch American Idol. You'll see how the aspiring
>singers get commented with their karaoke style talents.

Yeah, you're right in a way. I'm was surprised how everyone
loves her belting when I was hearing from foreigners how
much they dislike that. But its what we Pinoys love. And
I love it too! hehe..

Next time take your friends to see her LIVE. Not on video
or TV. tsk, tsk.. And you bought your friends too. I just
let my new music friends hear her CD's. Never let them
watch a video. That's only good when you know you already
got them hooked on her. hehe..

Don't worry about her reinventing herself. When the situation
calls for it she will meet the challenge. We need to find
her that chanllenge first. Remember what you're watching
is what she put together for her fans here. I'm sure if
she knew it was an international viewership she would
adjust accordingly.

mmJun
http://insidebuzz.tripod.com

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: REGINE LOST IN VIDEO

Author:
Kurimaw in LA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:22:46 08/11/02 Sun
Author Host/IP: spider-ntc-td013.proxy.aol.com/198.81.17.153

>Yeah, you're right in a way. I'm was surprised how
>everyone
>loves her belting when I was hearing from foreigners
>how
>much they dislike that. But its what we Pinoys love.
>And
>I love it too! hehe..

It's not wrong to have our own Filipino taste. But, we know and Regine knows that she wanted to go international. We have to compromise the international standard. Mariah was criticized before for over exposing/doing/showing-off her vocal talents. Now, she tries to compromise with the listeners choice. After all, it's not all about vocals. It's about the right music. People like to hear the music and not just the voice especially it's not all about reaching high notes like Madonna etc.

>
>Next time take your friends to see her LIVE. Not on
>video
>or TV. tsk, tsk.. And you bought your friends too. I
>just
>let my new music friends hear her CD's. Never let them
>watch a video. That's only good when you know you
>already
>got them hooked on her. hehe..

I have brought my friends in her LA concert the "Regine @ the movies" and yes, they're caucasians. I refused to get comments from Filipino Americans coz I know they can be biased to some occasions that has something to do with being a Filipino. And, yes they were amazed although not all of her songs. Like I have said, I knew a caucasian producer who will be producing Vernie Varga and Lani Misalucha's concert next year and I'm trying to refer Regine. What he has told me is somewhat not a good thing to hear. He has said that Regine is over-exposed. And, I thought Regine needs more exposure so she will be discovered. And, that Regine will not be able to get a record deal here coz she sounds like everybody. And, also she needs a better production on her concerts. I really can not take his words seriously. I thought he was just sourgraping that maybe Regine's talent fee is just too high or could possibly Regine has been tied up with Michael Gurfinkle.

If I meet different caucasians or asians acquaintances I usually like to listen Regine's powerful songs to introduce Regine's voice. And, I have accumulated comments. The "I don't wanna miss a thing" didn't stun them. In fact they prefered the original more. The "What kind of fool am I" was exceptional one Mexican friend have said but I must take it into consideration that she prefers the R&Biesh voice of Shakira. So far, I have accumulated two caucasians who prefered Regine's voice over Mariah. A Thai, Malaysian and Japanese are the ones who like her "On the Wings of Love". But, you know we can like a single song of a certain artist but not necessarily be amazed to it. There are 1-hit wonder Artists who has really talents but just can't do wonder anymore because they don't have new interesting songs. They have just faded away. I would like to point out what Regine is missing. Regine needs to stick in one genre where she thinks she's best. Why Mariah is successful. First, she makes her own songs. Her voice is versatile. She can do both R&B and Ballad. As for JLo, her voice is not spectacular that's why she can only do good in dance music wherein the important thing to hear is the tune and not the voice. Britney Spears' synthesized voice is the best example of this. And, as for Regine, I personally think she's best for POP/Ballad and not in R&B. In fairness to her, I think the quality of her style in her R&B is only for Asian audience. And, I insist her to stop reviving old songs to be not compared to the original. 1 or 2 remake songs should be enough in one album.

When I said Karaokiesh style I was referring to the song that has been revived. When she did the "Dancing Queen" I thought she was just singing that's all. Same tune and sounds like there's nothing new. I suggest to add more techno sounds to be more upbeat and a dance-club quality. KIIS FM DJ has once said that if you are a debutant in the music industry in US you have to do a dance song first. US audience are into hip-hop, R&B and dance songs. Then to crossover will be the next step, at least make an impression and recognition first.

>Don't worry about her reinventing herself. When the
>situation
>calls for it she will meet the challenge. We need to
>find
>her that chanllenge first. Remember what you're
>watching
>is what she put together for her fans here. I'm sure if
>she knew it was an international viewership she would
>adjust accordingly.

I was actually talking about her over-all performance and not just her Drawn Concert.

>
>mmJun
>http://insidebuzz.tripod.com

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.