VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 17:32:59 05/17/10 Mon
Author: Floyd Winfield
Author Host/IP: 69.sub-75-247-69.myvzw.com / 75.247.69.69
Subject: Custom designed & custom made crowns & tiaras.

Many, many years ago, I was married to a young lady who had been a twirler for the Univ. Of Florida gators. She taught twirling & took her students to many twirling contests. The
time came when one of her students was having a very elaborate costume made & could not find a crown or tiara that she thought would fit well with the costume. I offered to make her a headpiece that would match the costume and she
accepted the offer. The tiara that I put together matched the costume perfectly & word got around that I could make crowns & tiaras to match costumes. Pretty soon, my wife, my three young sons & myself were not only making custom crowns & tiaras but we were making a great variety of crowns & tiaras which we took to the contests for sale to any one who wanted one.

For the custom items, the client would select the various components for the crown or tiara and then work with us to design the item and then we would make it per the clients requirements. The cost of the items were determined by the cost of the various components selected by the client plus a nominal charge for putting the item together.

The crowns & tiaras that we made for sale at the contests
were primarily made of high quality plastic beads, of various colors, and some crystals in a variety of patterns and shapes.

All items were made by stringing the components on a long piece of non-corroding silver wire which I would then shape into a crown or tiara. Our clients were very happy and satisfied with the product.

I am now retired and am looking for something to do and I saw a little dancer on TV and she was wearing a small crown and that gave me the idea of again offering these crowns and tiaras to the twirling community.

If anyone has any interest in having a custom made crown or tiara to match a costume, or any other type crown or tiara,
please contact me and we will see what can be done.

Thanks,

Floyd Winfield
fewinfield96@hotmail.com

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.