VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 16:12 09/01/19 Wed
Author: Mark W
Author Host/IP: c114-76-74-103.thoms3.vic.optusnet.com.au / 114.76.74.103
Subject: thanks Belle, Im in awe of your detailed summary
In reply to: Annabelle 's message, "Training observations from the first session in 2019." on 15:13 09/01/19 Wed

No way I could write such a detailed and informative report

I caught the last half of training today... A few comments

Moore - looks very good. Fit, quick mobile...

IQ - . Powerful athlete with elite ball handling and disposal skills...Just orchestrated the play in the match simulation like a 200 game veteran. I'd like to think Im usually cautious and sober when it comes to kids. But Im calling this one early. I will be surprised if he isn't very good...stuff it...I think Im in love, He is a GUN

Atu - in the keepings off type drills looked great defensively and exerted real pressure but ran himself into trouble when he had the footy. Looked better in the match simulation when there was a but more time and space..Something to work with but looks raw

Keane - Size wise is on the small side for a KP, Im guessing 1 or 2 cm bigger than Mihocek. I cant say anything on what his big man skills are like yet, but in the keepings off drill his kicking just looks a delight.

Kelly - Nice height, moves well but pretty skinny. tbh his skills looked quite scratchy but it is his first day of training resuming from injury...

Daicos - a couple of times swooped onto the loose ball in impressive fashion and trained with real intensity

Elliot - only saw him running some laps (at quite a clip) and doing some 3/4 sprints, running up hill etc. He looks very fit and in great shape. I couldn't work out who is taller offsider was but after reading Belle's report, it looks as though it was Shaz sporting a bit of a 70s fro

Wells participated in about half the main group activity in what I saw. A pretty leisurely hitout, but at least he wasn't the size of a small planet like we saw in previous pre-seasons so looks in decent shape

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT+11
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.