VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]456 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:17:28 10/26/14 Sun
Author: No name
Author Host/IP: 107.210.32.50
Subject: Re: Return
In reply to: J 's message, "Re: Return" on 00:33:09 10/25/14 Sat

I have been drawing helmets since the 70s. It is not an easy thing to do. I am sure he has his moments when it is fun, and when it is hell. The last few years have been a mess with teams having 5, 6, 7 even 12 helmets a year. I do believe 2 is more than enough. Finding every logo, every color is a pain in the rear. Charles has only used real logos, not trying to create some from bits and pieces. If he calls it quits, I too will be bummed, but people will have to wait for another person to start another site.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> [> Re: Return -- No name (This board is totally gone!!!), 11:35:49 11/01/14 Sat (98.221.30.34)

This board is totally gone. and I agree, there are way too many helmets to keep up with these days to the point that you have to try to guess what helment and uniform will wear every week now. Heck, some colleges even make new ones just for a bowl game.

The other thing is that I am also sure that Mr. Avery has a life which includes a job, family and other issues for him to devot so much time to this. He is not being paid for his work on this site and if anybody has noticed does not have any advertising or requests any donations.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Re: Return -- No name, 03:07:11 11/03/14 Mon (72.195.180.14)

He should have asked for help. Others are doing projects like this now. The Georgia High School one has been going for a decade.
http://www.gahelmetproject.com/

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> Re: Return -- No name, 09:05:05 11/10/14 Mon (98.221.30.34)

>He should have asked for help. Others are doing
>projects like this now. The Georgia High School one
>has been going for a decade.
> >href="http://www.gahelmetproject.com/">http://www.gahel
>metproject.com/

This site has been working for years as well. I am sure that since it's inception many things have changed in Mr. Avery's life. As far asking for help, how do you know if he has or hasn't and if anybody was interested. It's a lot of work and time to make something like this keep going. You have to try to keep up with every new helmet comng out, College, Divison I both levels, Divison II, Division III, Professional (all leagues), etc. Hey there has been a new minor league added this year.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> Re: Return -- No name, 16:10:37 11/10/14 Mon (65.9.83.103)

What's your point, we all know what he has done for all of us. But saying the site is dead is just a fact not disrespectful.

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.