VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]56 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 13:16:37 10/31/13 Thu
Author: Nameless
Author Host/IP: 128.248.217.200
Subject: Re: Temple has used eight different helmet designs in eight games
In reply to: charles arey 's message, "Temple has used eight different helmet designs in eight games" on 00:10:40 10/31/13 Thu

>I think I predicted about a year ago that some team would soon use a different helmet design in each game one year - perhaps Temple will be the first to do so. They've used a different design in each game this year!

So, now any permutation of shiny and flat matte shells, white/burgundy helmet shells (there's one with a subliminated design), white/burgundy facemasks, presence/absence of stripes, and either the academic "T" or "TEMPLE" are fair game now? (I'm assuming even the owl head may even show up, even though it's not likely considering their record while wearing them...)
http://throwtheflagblog.com/2013/10/temple-wearing-acres-diamonds-type-helmet-today-looks-weird/
http://articles.philly.com/2013-10-22/sports/43254190_1_owls-jalen-fitzpatrick-p-j-walker
And then there's this "Acres of Diamonds" gala logo used against Army on 10/19 (I think it's reported before) for an exhibition to promote their lung center (so that's definitely a one-time-use event).
I would have thought that if there are 13 different helmet designs in one year, Oregon would be the one do it, but this is really pushing the limits for us helmet enthusiasts.

>But - I'm so far behind in updating the site that there may be others, also. I haven't really yet studied Oregon, Tulsa, Wyoming, Louisiana-Lafayette, and many others...working through American Athletic Conference at the moment.

I know for sure that Oregon has repeated a design or two before this year, but that's not saying much. Thanks to Mac, I'm pretty sure that the most complete catalogue of which helmet was used when is within each weekly thread.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Temple has used eight different helmet designs in eight games -- No name, 04:49:14 11/04/13 Mon (72.195.180.14)

I seem to remember Virginia Tech came pretty close to doing that one year.

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.