VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]56 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 07:13:27 01/23/14 Thu
Author: George (Happy)
Author Host/IP: 74.44.10.201
Subject: Re: Charles? Are you OK?
In reply to: J 's message, "Re: Charles? Are you OK?" on 00:21:43 01/23/14 Thu

I don't mean to sound like I'm patronizing Mr. Arey. He deserves more than a couple volunteers. He needs a paid staff. In time, I think Charles will be widely recognized for his work.

I'm a chairman for our county historical society. We several special displays each year for our county fair. At our September meeting, I suggested that we do a county Helmet Project for the 2014 fair. No one, except for the director, had a clue what I was talking about. Then, I showed them the Helmet Project website. Everyone was blown away and everyone got excited. By October's meeting--I discovered exactly how frustrating it can be to try and turn 6,000 plus black and white yearbook pictures into a finished product. Needless to say, our helmet project may be pushed out until 2015.

I firmly believe that sometime in the not so distant future, we will see the creation of a Smithsonian Sports Museum. When that happens, the Helmet Project, Ebbets Field, The Cooperstown Collection, Helmet Hut etc. will be recognized as pioneers in the documentation of our pastimes.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> [> Re: Charles? Are you OK? -- David S., 14:07:28 01/23/14 Thu (173.216.51.159)

>>I am fine, thanks. Preparing to move, so I will
>>probably be pretty inactive for a while, sorry.
>
>Just a thought, but have you ever considered having a
>few more volunteers to help with adding the ridiculous
>number of new helmets coming out these days and
>keeping the site up-to-date? Though I lack the
>requisite skills in web and graphical design to be of
>any help, I'm sure there are a number of people who
>already regularly send you material and would be
>willing to help you in such a way.

I have links to all the news articles for schools that are exploring in adding football and all that. I could be in your service if you wantt my help?

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.