VoyForums

Natural Pain Relief

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]
Subject: :-) Miss Singapore Universe 2002

Author:
Joy Seng
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 06:59:38 03/23/02 Sat

cHello Everybody:

I have just watched Miss Singapore Universe and it is so much better than last year! The standard of the ladies are so much better and the winner is one of the best ever.

Firstly the introduction part is nice and I enjoyed the way that their speech was pre-recorded and played when they walked to the front one by one like the swimsuit segment of Miss Universe in early 1990s.

The swimsuit and evening wear portion are also nice and the design of the gowns are much better compared to last year. However, I don't like the part that they walked in the dark and the lights are on only when they reached the front.

Ater that is the announcement of the first 3 subsidary awards, and they are

Miss Vitality - Fong Siao Yen
Miss Personality - Joanne Peh
Miss Elegant - Joanne Peh

and the top 10 semi-finalist, who are

1) Fong Siao Yen
3) Callie Sui Yong
8) Joycelin Huang
9) Tina Tan
12) Jeslynn Wong
13) Nuraliza Osman
14) Sara Ann K
16) Jenny Lim
17) Joann Ng
20) Julia Lim

I like all of the top 10, except Tina Tan. I am also disappointed that Joanne Peh (although she won 2 subsidary awards) and Christabel Zhang did not make the top 10.

Following is the top 10 interviews , which they asked "weird" questions to the top 10 semi-finalists. However, at least the questions are better than those they asked last year. Among the 10 of them, only Sara Ann K did extremely well. All the others are below average or bad (inclusive of Callie Sui yong even though she is a hot favourite to win) and their poor performance is mainly because of those weird questions asked.

However, they still have to choose 5 ladies for the top 5 and they are

12) Jeslynn Wong
13) Nuraliza Osman
14) Sara Ann K
16) Jenny Lim
20) Julia Lim

The surprise is Nuraliza Osman (although she is so beautiful) and the disapointment among them is Joann Ng (spoke relatively well and is also beautiful).

In this round, at least a proper question is asked, "What do you think a beautiful mind is?" and all 5 of them gave extremely good answers. Therefore, I know that the judge will choose the top 3 from their beauty and overall impression rather than their answers.

After some performance, the top 3 are announced. They are

2nd runner-up - Jeslynn Wong (she looked familiar and seems to have joined beauty pageants before, including last year MSU pageant. Anyone know anything about this?)

1st runner-up - Julia Lim (I just found out that she is actually Miss Temasek Polytechnic 1996 (one of the teritary institutions in Singapore) and I watched the pageant live when she won then)

Miss Singapore Universe 2002 - Muraliza Osman!!!

Both Julia Lim and Nuraliza don't really look good in their photos here but they looked much nicer on TV, especially Nuraliza who is so stunning beautiful. Nuraliza is a lawyer and she spoke really well with lots of stage presence. Hope that all these can help her in Miss Universe Pageant in May.

These are my personal opinion. For those of you that have watched the show, can you please also give your opinion?

Thank you.

Yours Sincerely
Chan Joy Seng

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
:-)Sorry, photo of Nuraliza Osman again. (NT)Joy Seng07:03:23 03/23/02 Sat
Miss Singapore Universe 2002jessica (joyful)23:08:56 06/25/07 Mon

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.