Chijioke Robinson (Im looking for help)
[ Edit | View ]
Date Posted: 16:55:49 09/16/08 Tue
Hi here are my answers:
2. I never told any of my employers that I was dyslexic until this summer when I had a Internship with Target.
3. I was very apprehensive to telling my supervisor that I had this disability but I felt that it was important to tell him becuase he started commenting on my writing ability. He didn't understand why I had these problems until I told my secret.
4. In opposition to number 3, I did tell the interviewers of my dyslexia but at the end I found out that they didn't pass it to my placement store.
5. I felt that he took negatively. I didn't end up telling him until the last week of the internship; and until then he gave me enough positive feedback for me to assume that I would get offered the job... I didn't get it. I had challenged his decsion to his boss there wasn't addequet feedback on why I did not get the offer. So at the end his bosses made the executive decsion to offer me the job. The supervisor also made comments about my dyslexia that he thought were funny soon after my confession.
6. I didn't have much time to see change.
7. I do think that it will affect me if I can't get ahold of it. I'm in my last year of undergrad work and i can't keep having my mom edit my papers.
9. I have a hugh problem with grammar and sequence in my writing which is enough to keep me from having a sucessfull career.
10. I will always need more time and I will want someone to view my work without making me feel like I'm stupid and incompatent.
11. I figured that there was a law aganist those who have LDs.
12. That they will always have to pick up after them that they are equal employers.