VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]34 ]
Subject: Seamaster 27 Bilge outlet

Author:
Emma Wheeler
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 22:09:30 25/08/2008 Mon

Hello,

We're new here, so please excuse the stupid questions (we are boating novices).

We've just purchased a 27ft Seamaster (Orlanda) it was once called Suzy Wong I believe if that rings any bells with anyone. Anyhow, It's got a new engine (Beta Marine) and all the electrics look pretty tidy. There are however a few things we may need some advice regarding.

The bilge pump and plumbing all look a bit dodgy - is it normal for this model to have it's bilge outlet at almost below water level (or is this maybe due to it having a new (heavier?) engine. Is this something we should be worried about?

Also, the Paloma(SP?) water heater thing is not working, I have been quoted between 600-1400 to have a calorifier fitted & plumbed into the existing shower / sinks - if there is anyone in the lower Thames area that is known to be able to do this kind of work for us I'd appreciate a recommendation as we'd like to get this sorted over the winter. The massive variation in quotes seems a bit odd, but I don't know if this is private Vs boat yard prices or if there are loads of different types/sizes which may account for the price difference.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Emma

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Seamaster 27 Bilge outletHarry18:40:42 28/08/2008 Thu

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.