VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]34 ]
Subject: Re: Steren Gland

Author:
jimmy dent (happy)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 18:37:56 03/11/2008 Mon
In reply to: Ian S 's message, "Re: Steren Gland" on 23:03:10 02/11/2008 Sun

>What sort of stern gland do you have? Is it a
>"conventional" some with packing or one of several
>packing-less gands?
>Thanks for your help,to be honest with you i do not know what type of stern gland i have i did not know that there was more than one type,i only bought my boat last year and everything is fine with the boat i have had no trouble with it so far,it was just one of those things that because i dont know how old the stern gland is,i was thinking should i put one on,what is the life span of them?or should i just leave it alone,the boat is out of the water so i could do the job if i had to.
>Is it the whole stern gland that you think that you
>need to replace, or just the replacement parts
>(packing, seals, rubber hoses/bellows etc)?
>
>Sorry that there are more questions than answers but
>if you let us know what your configuration is, I am
>sure someone here can help.
>
>Ian S

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Steren GlandIan S20:57:18 04/11/2008 Tue

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.