VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]34 ]
Subject: Re: Perkins 4-107

Author:
Mike Thompson
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 15:50:39 03/10/2009 Sat
In reply to: Steve Swailes 's message, "Perkins 4-107" on 18:21:10 02/10/2009 Fri

Steve,
On my 4.108 there are two drain taps. One is on the Starboard side under the alternator. The other is on the Port side at the flywheel end of the block. I think the 4.107 is similar (unless anyone knows different). The Club holds copies of the workshop manuals for these engines which are available free to members. I would recommend you get hold of one.
If your engine is raw water cooled one way to prepare for winter is to close the raw water seacock, remove the weed filter basket and pour antifreeze mixture into the filter housing with the engine running until it can be seen coming out of the exhaust. This will also lubricate the impeller and protect against the pump freezing.
I hope this is helpful.
Best regards.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.