VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]34 ]
Subject: Re: Outdrive problems

Author:
Ray
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 11:35:05 04/09/2010 Sat
In reply to: Ian Baker - Risky Biz 's message, "Outdrive problems" on 22:40:46 28/07/2010 Wed

>The forward and reverse gears in the outdrive are not
>working. There does not seem to be a problem with the
>cable from the dashboard control and all connections
>on the outdrive look good externally.When in neutral
>the engine also revs OK. Can someone please give me an
>idea of what might be wrong - is the problem within
>the outdrive? The drive might have been strained last
>week as there was an accumulation of weed around the
>propeller as we left the marina. Many thanks.
>Ian
Ian
this sounds similar to a problem on my own Enfield out drive the gear select lever was extremely stiff and difficult to engage gear and at times there was a knocking noise as if the gear had not fully engaged.The gear lever on the side of the leg should if working normally be easy to move manually and if this is not the case you should have it looked at.I eventually bit the bullet and engaged Bob Knowls from Leicester (well known expert on such matters).Expensive but worth the peace of mind, he reconditioned mine and replaced worn parts and updated others that have been improved.Due to other problems with boat I have yet to try it out!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Outdrive problemsMike Thompson13:11:35 06/09/2010 Mon

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.