VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]
Subject: Help with the removal of the sliding windows on a Seamaster 23

Author:
Andre Bajaria (Rattled)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 13:43:20 15/11/2011 Tue

Hi,

I have a 1969 Seamaster 23 that was acquired earlier this year. When running, there is a considerable rattle from the sliding windows vibrating in their tracks.

On inspection, the seals have perished away to nothing and it's now just aluminium window frame clattering away against the tracks.

From this forum, I identified the replacement window seals from seals direct and ordered them. I now have them and am faced with a new problem; How do I remove the sliding windows from the boat in order to fit the seals? There doesn't seem to be a straightforward way of doing this and it seems that the only way to free the tracks would be to unscrew the aluminium frame that runs the length of all the windows. I understand that this also holds roof up so it's not something I wish to start if there's an easier way.

Can anyone recommend the best way to remove the sliding windows so that the new seals can be fitted?

Thanks,

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Help with the removal of the sliding windows on a Seamaster 23Mike Thompson11:24:03 16/11/2011 Wed

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.