VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]
Subject: Re: Help with the removal of the sliding windows on a Seamaster 23

Author:
Mike Thompson
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 11:24:03 16/11/2011 Wed
In reply to: Andre Bajaria 's message, "Help with the removal of the sliding windows on a Seamaster 23" on 13:43:20 15/11/2011 Tue

Hi André,

I'm fairly sure that the only way to replace the seals is to remove the complete assembly and split the frame. We had all the windows removed and re-sealed by a contractor when we bought our 23. It's not a trivial job. As you noticed the deckhead is supported by the frames but this will not be a problem as long as only one frame is removed and worked on at a time. The main problem is the unusual way the frames are installed. The top flanges are sandwiched between the inside edge of the deckhead (cabin roof) and an internal wooden batten that supports the headlining and curtain rails. To access the screws you have to remove the gutter. Since the contractor took ours away to refurbish I didn't get to see the frames split but I'm guessing that you'd need to take off the top rail of the frame to release the sliding window and then re-seal the fixed pane on reassembly. Our contractor used black silicone sealant for this and an oil-based mastic to bed the frames to the hull.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.